Allure Review, Pictures and Other Great Information: Aug 7, 2011 Sailing

ILC the Sky Loft Suite is gorgeous!

Actually, I used the artwork to remind me which side of the ship I was on.

Hi JC: you should have seen that Sky Loft Suite in person!!!...It was indeed GORGEOUS!!

That was a great way to remind you which end you were on...Ms Allure was quite huge!!!...at times I had to stop to figure out whether I was walking in the right direction, cause I certanly didn't want to walk all the way to one end only to discover I really wanted to be on the other end :D

JC, thx so much for stoppng by....hope you have a good weekend..

I pulled out my camera and one of the Security persons told me

that I couldn't take pics inside of Pier 18...

didn't want to take a chance on them

confiscating my camera or worse yet

(interrupting my cruising plans :o) so I put my

camera away but here are some

photos from some other people....

Outside of the pier you give your

luggage to a porter... you will

not see it again until once onboard which

could be any where from 1:00 pm to some time

after dinner so be sure you take

what you will need in your carry on

S8-vi.jpg

This is where you will take your

embarkation picture after you check in

S10-vi.jpg

S9-vi.jpg

S11-vi.jpg

sometimes after you chk in they are not ready for you to board so

you chk in, take your embarkation pic and sit in an upper level

until the ship has been cleared for boarding...

there are restrooms up there and vending machines but

hopefully you won't have to wait too long...

there is also an area for Diamond and above to wait..

2563589750063272275S600x600Q85.jpg

Bet you will never guess who wore this costume

Elton John? ;) Great post and pictures. Thanks! We're going on 12/11 and love reading everything I can...keeps up the excitement!

Hi Canku5565 are you an Elton John Fan? None of us guessed that it was a costume worn by him but I can see him in it...haha

Glad you are enjoying the post and pics....tha's the idea...KEEP UP THE EXCITEMENT!!!...December 11 is right around the corner!!!

Stay tuned...more to come!

Have you all heard of the Luggage Valet...ok, remember the Joan Collins picture (Post #122)?....so you know I travel with a lot of luggage (not quite like Joan but, close...haha) well any way we have used the Luggage Valet service before while cruising but now it is even better...

chk out this link:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=13gn5_1Z9XY_4aCme3oT0s9pMRSJFy7BEr_70REaX0cKvCCd2JK8JU9qAueYe&hl=en_US

As far as I am concerned it is the best thing since Sliced Bread…for $20 (per person not per bag) the last night of my cruise I can leave my bags outside of the cabin door and not see them again until I get to my final destination airport...Hallelujah!!!

All three of us in our cabin used this service...you still have to pay the Airline Baggage Fees...the $20 fee is extra for the Luggage Valet Service...the Airline Bag Fee and the extra $20 for the Luggage Valet service are all charged to your Onboard Account...

be sure to check the Compass as there is a deadline to sign up for the Luggage Valet Service....also not every one is eligible and not all airlines are offering this service...the document in the link above gives you an examble of who was eligible and what airlines offered the service for our cruise

for the Luggage Valet Service you use to have to claim your luggage once you debarked in the terminal and take it to an airline booth inside the terminal before getting your transport to the Airport....but now they actually pick your luggage up from outside your cabin door and deliver it to the airport...you do not see those bags again until you claim them at your final destination...

you arrive at the airport with only your carry on bag and go directly to your gate as they also print your boarding passes along with your bag tags on the ship...you go straight pass the line for check in at the Airport!!! how Kool is that!!! :p

Thank you soo much for taking the time for your amazing review!!! Such great info for my first cruise!

Can you explain how you carried on your water, juice, and sodas? I would love to be able to carry on a case of water (mostly all I drink) and a 12 pack of soda for my family.

I know I have read that there is a no carry on policy on Royals website.

Thanks for your help! You are soo generous to have done this review.

Patty

ILC - 'nap time' on the pool deck. thanks! It brought back so many pleasant memories!! sea Breeze...useless Chatter...whiny kids...aawww yes...the pool guy chanting 'the drink of the day' aawww yes sweet, sweet memories!!! LOL

JC that is to funny!!! yep, Sweet, Sweet Memories!!! AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! :p :D

Thank you soo much for taking the time for your amazing review!!! Such great info for my first cruise!

Can you explain how you carried on your water, juice, and sodas? I would love to be able to carry on a case of water (mostly all I drink) and a 12 pack of soda for my family.

I know I have read that there is a no carry on policy on Royals website.

Thanks for your help! You are soo generous to have done this review.

Patty

Patty thanks for stopping by and for your kind words…and you are so welcome...

WOW...A Newbie and you are going on ALLURE!!! You are going to be sooooo spoiled :p ...

we flew to FLL but we stayed 2 days precruise in Ft Lauderdale so we went to the Publix Grocery Store and purchased a few items including water, soda and juice...we had no problems getting them onboard...we each carried a big jug of water and I also had my cranberry juice and a couple of cans of gingerale....we had them all in full view in some of those recycled bags that you get at the grocery store...

I have to do cranberry juice for medicinal reasons when I travel and gingerale is great for my sea sickness tummy...usually I buy the juice when we get to the precruise city but don't take it onboard...I normally just purchase more when we get to the first port but ever since Venice, Italy where they had no idea what Cranberry Juice was I have been trying to carry it onboard with me...

this time it was a half used bottle that I had originally purchased at the Publix and they shook it and looked at it closely but let it thru security...I will probably buy the 4 pack of little cranberry juices next time so I don't have to carry an opened bottle onboard...I'm surprised they let it thru this time...no issues with the gingerale

I actually found out recently that they have Gingerale and Cranberry Juice in the Diamond Lounge so I won't have to even deal with this from now on....

I have heard that it is hit and miss as to whether they let you on with sodas and juice but IMHO I think if you just leave it in it's originally packaging then hopefully you won't have a problem...

When we stayed at the Hilton for our Oasis cruise we walked up the street and purchased water at the Walgreens...there are several places to get it once you arrive in FLL

Hope that helps....thanks a lot for posting....and enjoy your FIRST CRUISE... :cool:.

This is the pic I have been looking for to

show the newbies (or just those new to

Oasis class ships) what the Check In Counters

look like...

CC cruisers provide some awesome shots...

SDC12670.jpg

SDC12675.jpg

Time to take your welcome aboard photo!!!

if you have the Picture CD be sure everyone is in this photo

as it is used for face recognition to include the people on your CD....

we took group shots and then families took separate shots as well

SDC12672.jpg

THE WAY FINDER

These screens are a wonderful

way to locate a specific place

on the ship, even your cabin....

they are located near the elevators...

you can also get info about

various activities going on and chk out

restaurants to see the availability

2135210040063272275S600x600Q85.jpg

SDC12911.jpg

SDC13697.jpg

SDC13450.jpg

These are located at the elevators as well....

I like how the ship is pointed in the direction

that you are sailing, but then why wouldn't it be...haha

these ships and signs will be a big help to all...

thx to a CCer for these wonderful shots

DAY 4- ST.THOMAS AGAIN?

OKAY, ITS GLARING MY RIGHT IN ME FACE...I MAY DRINK TOO MUCH ON VACATION...SO I MAY TEND TO MOOSH DAZE TOGETHER AND PUSH DAYS TOGETHER ALSO...LOL...SO ALLOW ME TO COPY AND PASTE MY MEMORIES....

BLAH, BLAH...we exited the ship...it was our first time at this port...BLAH, BLAH...we jumped on this open air vehicle and began our ride...BLAH, BLAH...so walked a lil more down the back street, sampling liquour as we went...BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...a lil shop that sold jerk chicken tacos and drinks..BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

WAS ARRESTED FOR ASSUALTING A CROSSING GUARD...BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...there are large iguanas all over the rocks...some took pics...i took care and stayed away...lol...BLAH, BLAH...WAS BAILED OUT, AFTER SELLING MY VIRGINITY...BLAH, BLAH...back thru security...

i think i took my only nap that day...then headed to the dogshack...ssccrreeaacchh..made the mistake of ordering the big apple...apple in a dog...didnt go to well...dc, b4 u ask...i had the magic trifecta on it...but it still tasted too weird.

DINNER SLOWER THAN THE NITE B4...STARTING TO CONSIDER MOVING TABLES...LOL

SHOWTIME...TONITES SHOW WAS BY MR. TONY TILLMAN...ASK ME Y I REMEMBER HIS WHOLE NAME...BECAUSE THIS GUY WAS GREAT...I MUST ADMIT, I WAS READY TO WALKOUT DURING THE FIRST SONG...HE TRIED TO SING A STEVIE WONDER SONG...TERRRIBLE MISTAKE...BUT HE GOT THRU IT, AND I GAVE HIM A SECOND CHANCE.IM GLAD I STAYED....

THIS GUY IS A THROWBACK PERFORMER FROM DAYS GONEBY...THE COMPARE HIM TO SAMMY AND BEN VEREEN...GOOD COMPANY...SING, DANCE, JOKE...THE GUY WAS GREAT (TO ME)...LOL...HE ENDS HIS PERFORMANCE WITH MR. BOJANGELS...A FITTING END....I LOVED THIS PART SO MUCH, I SNUCK IN AND SAW THE ENDING 2 MORE TIMES...

knew a man Bojangles

And he danced for you

In worn out shoes

With silver hair, a ragged shirt

And baggy pants, the old soft shoe

He jumped so high,

He jumped so high,

Then he lightly touched down

Mr. Bojangles, Mr. Bojangles,

Mr. Bojangles, dance!

GREAT SHOW...I FOUND AFTER THE CRUISE THAT NOT EVERYONE ENJOYED MR. TILLMAN AS MUCH AS I DID...I WAS SHOCKED...NOT TOO MANY MORE LIKE HIM AROUND...THIS GUY ACTUALLY KNEW SAMMY...EXCUSE ME, MR. SAMMY DAVIS JR.

FROM THERE WE WENT BACK TO OUR LIL PRISON...BLAZE...WHERE WE HAD TO ENDURE 2 FOR 1 DRINKS FOR THE NEXT HOUR...LOL...LIFE IS A B!

FROM THERE WE HEADED TO THE ICE SKATING RINK AKA STUDIO B...WHICH IS RITE NEXT DOOR...TONITE WAS THE NITE WE ALL WAIT FOR 'THE QUEST'...AS USUAL THEY STAFF HAD EVERYONE READY TO GIVE THEIR ALL...AND WE ALL JUST ABOUT GAVE OUR ALL...I HEARD THERE WAS SOME FUN BAGS SHOWN...BUT I MISSED IT...STUPID ME, I WAS ACTUALLY TRYIN TO WIN THE GAME...LOL...

ANYWAY, OUR REPS WAS A LADY AND A 20isH YOUNG MAN...GREEN AS A GRAPE, HE WAS...LOL...WE ALL KNOW HOW THIS ENDS...HE DIDNT, BUT WE DID...LOL...ANYWAY, I HOPE HE DOESNT READ THIS...BUT THE SIDE SPLITTING LAFTER PART OF OUR GAME, DIDNT COME AT THE END...BUT RIGHT AWAY...THIS POOR KID, SPLITS HIS PANTS FROM ZIPPER ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE BELT...LUCKILY FOR US, HE HAD ON UNDEROOS...LOL...

SO WHENEVER HE HAD TO RUN AND DO A TASK...HE HAD TO RUN UP THERE WITH THIS GIGANTIC SPLIT...THE CRUISE DIRECTOR, HAD A BALL...EVERYTHING FROM BRAS, LIPSTICK AND DOGGY STYLE...SSSHHH, ENUFF OF THAT...WE DONT KNOW WHO IS READING....

AFTER THE QUEST...IT WAS BACK TO GAMBLING FOR ME...IF YOU CALL GIVING YOUR MONEY AWAY GAMBLING...THEN I GAMBLED FOR A FEW...SO I DECIDED TO TRY MY HAND AT THE POKER TOURNAMENT...KIND OF SCARY, IF YOU NEVER DID IT B4...BUT ITS BASICALLY THE SAME GAME...EXCEPT INSTEAD OF CARDS, YOU HAVE A COMPUTER SCREEN...WHICH I TRUST JUST AS MUCH AS THOSE DANG ONE ARMED BANDITS...ANYWAY, I DID VERY WELL WITH THE TEXAS HOLD EM...BUT IT TAKES A LONG TIME AND YOU GET A LIL TIRED...SO I WON AND LEFT AFTER I MADE A MENTAL MISTAKE.

I KNOW YOUR READY FOR THE FOOD UPDATE...HERE U GO...I WENT UP AND MADE MY FIRST PIZZA...IT WAS GREAT...SAUCE, MUSHROOM, PEPPORINI, CHICKEN...IT WAS BASICALLY A DEEP-DISH...IT TOOK MAYBE 10 MINUTES....BUT I NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO MAKE ANOTHER ONE...AFTER ALL, DEEP DISH ISNT GOOD FOR YA TOOSH AT 2 AM IN THE MORN.

GOOD NITE.

NOTE: I understand from the CC Boards that you could ask your waiter to have a cheese tray and a fruit tray waiting for you when you arrive in MDR.

According to Trainman-2 on his thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1483758&page=14 he tried it and it worked. He says:Two regular plates filled with fruit, cheese, and a few crackers were delivered as soon as they sat down.

Below is a pic of the plates...

Then on to the MDR for dinner.

Here are the Cheese & Fruit trays...

DSCN3638.jpg

Hmmmm, learn something new about cruising every day....I will have to try that the next time I cruise...sometimes I don't see an appetizer that I really want...

I also found out some time ago that you can request a chicken breast in the MDR at any time....I had to do that on this cruise...more about that when we get into the food review...

I'm loving your review. I am really tempted to book this cruise for 2013. I see RCL has their schedule up. I was wondering something...your pictures are outstanding. What kind of camera do you have?:)

Looking forward to the rest.

Kristy:D

Hi KrystalWaters I am glad you are enjoying the ride and thx so much for posting....IMHO Ms Allure will not disappoint...:D...hope you book!

I have a digital Canon which takes wonderful shots but some of the pics I have posted are from other people's shots on photobucket, webshots and Fotuki (sp)

Archived