Atlantis Submarine

lhall85917

Has anyone been on the Atlantis? My family thinks it looks like fun, but we're not sure that its worth the money - we've seen prices from $75- $84. I'm also wondering if it is up and running since the hurricane.

Thanks in advance

We were just on the Atlantis Submarine in Cozumel on Firday March 18th, we were not impressed for what we paid. It was really hokey, flet more like we were at Disneyland. Very few fish were seen. We were on the Holland America Westerdam and we had already gone to Half Moon Cay their private Island and did a Logoon tour in a glass bottom boat that we saw far more fish and coral and was more beautiful that what we saw in Atlantis. But that is not to say you would see a lot more in Grand Caymans.

Thanks, we were afraid of that. We're trying to come up with alternatives to sting ray city - been there and some in our group really don't have much interest in it. We thought this might be an option, but it seems expensive and not a very long trip.

Hey Sharon! We did the Atlantis sub last year since my husband couldn't be out in the sun for long periods. We all thought it was really neat, the kind of thing you should do at least once! We saw a lot of fish and other sea life and had a great guide. It was neat going down to 100'. If I can locate the pictures, I'll e-mail you some. You really should have something else planned for the day since you're done in 1 1/2 hours. Maybe over to Eden Rock for snorkeling, it's right next door, and it's free!!

The Atlantis submarine in Cayman was damaged during Ivan. It is being completely rebuilt in Florida, and is expected to return to operation in about a month. If you are visiting before it is back in operation, you might want to consider one of the semi-submarine tours.

The Atlantis sub is up an running in Cozumel though. We booked it for our upcoming cruise partly just as an experience of going down that deep since we don't dive. Don't expect to see much, so we will be pleased if we do.:)

My son and I did the Atlantis sub in St. Thomas and had a great time. We went down about 80' and saw sharks, lobster, barracuda, turtles and lots of fish and coral and other marine life. It is great to say you have done it and we enjoyed it. They also gave us dive certificates at the end. It was fun.

Archived