How do I NOT get an upgrade?

TBird1

We lucked out when booking our feb. cruise on serenade with getting an aft balcony deck 8. Is there a way to put in our reservation that we don't want an upgrade? Or do they ask you before they upgrade? We're first timers so I doubt we'll be upgraded anyways, but I don't want to give up the aft unless they're offering something MUCH better.

What cabin do you have? We were in the corner aft balcony cabin on deck 8 ( 8168 ). This was on the Serenade sailing one month ago. While the cabin itself is great, we had two problems.

The main problem was a foul smell in the bathroom we noticed right away. The 2nd day we noticed water on the bathroom floor. When we told the cabin steward he didn't seem surprised. By the last several days of the cruise the toilet was backing up and unusable at times (Not Cool!). Again when we informed the cabin steward he didn't seem fazed at all. We got the feeling this was a common problem. They always fixed it but it was a bit of a hassle. They should just leave a plunger in the bathroom or something.

The second problem was the TV was the old bigger kind, not the newer flat screen. The picture tube is almost gone and a black square would often appear over the screen. We didn't watch the tv much but twice, once when my husband was watching the Tour de France and another time when we were in the middle of a movie, it was pretty frustrating.

Just a heads up in case you have that cabin.

we are in 8670, so hopefully we don't encounter the same issues! The toilet thing would push me over the edge!

Well we had an AWESOME time on the Serenade!!! She is a BEAUTIFUL ship with the FRIENDLIEST crew. And we have been on many RCI ships, Oasis Class, Freedom Class, Voyager Class and Vision Class. You cannot go wrong on the Serenade.

The two problems were a bump in the road and a bit of a hassle, but because the rest of our experience was so great, we were able to overlook it. I was just sending out a warning because it might really upset some people.

We lucked out when booking our feb. cruise on serenade with getting an aft balcony deck 8. Is there a way to put in our reservation that we don't want an upgrade? Or do they ask you before they upgrade? We're first timers so I doubt we'll be upgraded anyways, but I don't want to give up the aft unless they're offering something MUCH better.

You're not always notified of the upgrade. Sometimes you find out at the deck at check in. However free upgrades are very rare. However if it's an upsell ( where you would have to pay additional $) you will be notified because you would have to approve the $.

If you booked through a TA than contact them and request that it be noted in your records that you do not want to be upgraded. If booked directly through the cruise line than call them .

Thank you, we booked directly (online) but I didn't see anything at first glance in our reservation to say no upgrade. I'll call!

See my post just before yours here. If you don't already have a My Cruises account on the Royal Caribbean website, set one up. It is easy and you can keep track of your reservation and have all kinds of options.

Enjoy the Serenade!

I have specified on my booking on Adv for October that I MUST NOT have an upgrade.

I have booked cabin with my girlfriend and her son and two nephews are ( AND MUST BE) in the next cabin due to RCIs Ts and Cs and also due to our responsibility. Consequently the only upgrade we could conceivably accept is one where we both got upgraded to adjoining cabins.

Archived