Casual and Informal Nites - Question???

DeRon

I have looked at a Jan '04 Celebriy Today newletter for Millennium, and something's not making sense.

The Celebrity websitesite says "2 Formals, 2 Informals, 3 Casual nights". But in the actual daily ship newspaper it only lists 1 Informal night, and 4 Casual nights. ?? My wife is pressing me that "it makes a big diffence". so please help me out.

Which is it?

Thanks!

I have looked at a Jan '04 Celebriy Today newletter for Millennium, and something's not making sense.

The Celebrity websitesite says "2 Formals, 2 Informals, 3 Casual nights". But in the actual daily ship newspaper it only lists 1 Informal night, and 4 Casual nights. ?? My wife is pressing me that "it makes a big diffence". so please help me out.

Which is it?

Thanks!

The actual ship news daily.

On our March 6th cruise on Millennium, we had only 1 informal night. But, we took informal for 2 nights so we would be dressed correctly for the Olympic.

Texed,

Like DeRon, my wife and I are going to be on the Millie April 17th. She is also bugging me to clarify your info.

Was there as specific reason they changed from 2 formal nites? Which nite ended up being formal? Any other little tidbits we should know about?

Thanks,

Joel

P.S. Happy Easter!

Texed,

Like DeRon, my wife and I are going to be on the Millie April 17th. She is also bugging me to clarify your info.

Was there as specific reason they changed from 2 formal nites? Which nite ended up being formal? Any other little tidbits we should know about?

Thanks,

Joel

P.S. Happy Easter!

There are still 2 formal nights. It's INformal nights that dropped from 2 to 1.

Exactly. There was only one informal night. The brochure shows the "norm", but some cruises differ. I suggest (as I do), one sports coat and two different colored ties and/or shirts so you are covered. :) There are two formal nights.

Thanks! This really helps.

I do have another question: If we are going to the Olympic on a casual nite, what is the required dress? (In other words, do I have to wear a tie/jacket? I am planning on wearing nice slack and my wife is dressing more like on informal nite.)

Joel, we can't wait to get on the ship! I noticed you have been on a couple of ships that we have been on. Did you like the Summit better than Galaxy or Princess?

The dress in the Olympic is informal except on formal nights. On formal nights, the dress for the Olympic is formal also.

Informal calls for a coat. Tie is optional.

Texed,

I really feel stupid not noticing the IN in informal. Both Alene and I automatically thought of "formal". I always thought the specialty restaurants were formal every night. Your info will save me some packing space. Thanks for the clarification.

DeRon,

Princess was OK, but we lean toward Celebrity. (We'll probably try Princess again sometime.) We liked the Galaxy fine but wanted to try a veranda so we went with the Summitt. Now we are really spoiled by the aft balconies. We would go on the Galaxy again but that ship only has verandas on some of the suites.

Are you going into Ft. Lauderdale early? We are arriving Friday afternoon and staying at the Marriott Marina. Let us know.

Joel, I don't know about you guys, but we so excited about our cruise! We are getting in Friday also, but we are staying off at another resort in Hollywood.

Wer would love to stay in an aft cabin one day! I love the back of the ship.

Archived