A1 Cabins Deck11 & Deck12

Buchanan

Has anyone been in Cabins 11040 and 11042 or 12002 or 12004 on Marina Looking at deck plans the ones on deck 12 look smaller, I would be interested in your comments. Thank you. Buckie.

We visited the A1 cabins on deck 12, in February, and took measurements. They are identical to all the rest.

In fact, the only variations that we ever noticed within a room category, were in the Penthouse, Oceania and Vista Suites.

The Owners Suites are also completely identical.

Hi Buckie! Just catching up on my reading and figured this had to be the same Buckie that played trivia on my team a couple of trips ago. How is Irene? We had such a good time on that cruise. That was with Dottie as cruise director, wasn't it?

Hope all is well with you and perhaps our paths will cross someday on one ship or another.

Bobi

We visited the A1 cabins on deck 12, in February, and took measurements. They are identical to all the rest.

In fact, the only variations that we ever noticed within a room category, were in the Penthouse, Oceania and Vista Suites.

The Owners Suites are also completely identical.

We normally book Penthouse Suites on O and I would be very interested to know which PH are different in size. Are you referring only to the Marina or all the ships? We usually book a PH2 on the R ships and a PH3 on Marina. On our Marina sailing, our Butler told us that the PH on deck 11 (PH1 and PH2) were larger in size than the PH3 we were in. When we asked the Club Ambassador, she said no--they are all identical.

You are such a fountain of information regarding O and their ships that I would love to know your answer to that same question.

Thanks for your input.

Billie

We normally book Penthouse Suites on O and I would be very interested to know which PH are different in size. Are you referring only to the Marina or all the ships? We usually book a PH2 on the R ships and a PH3 on Marina. On our Marina sailing, our Butler told us that the PH on deck 11 (PH1 and PH2) were larger in size than the PH3 we were in. When we asked the Club Ambassador, she said no--they are all identical.

You are such a fountain of information regarding O and their ships that I would love to know your answer to that same question.

Thanks for your input.

Billie

Hi Billie, and thank you!

The answer to your question is complicated, so it took me some time to think about how it could best be presented here.

211147.jpg

On the R ships, the PH1 and PH2's are VERY uniform in size. They are biq square rectangles, with a cut out in the inboard corner for the bathroom.

Astern of the aft staircase tower, however, the shapes of the room can vary considerably, which, because of the placement of the furniture, makes some of those cabins (Particularly in the PH3 category) feel very cozy, indeed.

I cannot report on the square footage difference, and I'm sure that all of the "in cabin amenities" are identical, but those aft PH3's have some interesting variations.

On the Marina and the Riviera, the Club Ambassador (was it Per?) gave you the correct information. The Penthouses on Deck 10 are identical to those on deck 11. The "smaller" Penthouses on the Marina class are down on deck 7, but then, they have the larger, sunnier verandas to make up for it. ;)

122431.jpg

Enjoy sailing in your next penthouse!

Hi Billie, and thank you!

The answer to your question is complicated, so it took me some time to think about how it could best be presented here.

211147.jpg

On the R ships, the PH1 and PH2's are VERY uniform in size. They are biq square rectangles, with a cut out in the inboard corner for the bathroom.

Astern of the aft staircase tower, however, the shapes of the room can vary considerably, which, because of the placement of the furniture, makes some of those cabins (Particularly in the PH3 category) feel very cozy, indeed.

I cannot report on the square footage difference, and I'm sure that all of the "in cabin amenities" are identical, but those aft PH3's have some interesting variations.

On the Marina and the Riviera, the Club Ambassador (was it Per?) gave you the correct information. The Penthouses on Deck 10 are identical to those on deck 11. The "smaller" Penthouses on the Marina class are down on deck 7, but then, they have the larger, sunnier verandas to make up for it. ;)

122431.jpg

Enjoy sailing in your next penthouse!

Thanks so much -- I knew you would be able to answer my question!!!

Our Club Ambassador was Matilda and she evidently knows more than our Butler!

Happy Sailing to you both,

Billie

Archived