Single entry visa or double entry visa for Japan

iamlost

Hi, I would be doing a 7N asian cruise and we will be calling in Osaka (2d) and the next day to Fukuoka. Will a single entry visa be sufficient or do I need a double entry visa?

I've already gotten a single entry visa because we were on another itenary before this and we changed to this one with 2 japanese ports.

No one dares to give me an affirmative answer including RCI US, RCI Asiapac and my TA.

Thanks.

Hi, I would be doing a 7N asian cruise and we will be calling in Osaka (2d) and the next day to Fukuoka. Will a single entry visa be sufficient or do I need a double entry visa?

I've already gotten a single entry visa because we were on another itenary before this and we changed to this one with 2 japanese ports.

No one dares to give me an affirmative answer including RCI US, RCI Asiapac and my TA.

Thanks.

Where are you from? If using a USA passport it just gets a stamp at port of entry no big deal.

Thanks.

http://japan.visahq.com/

I think american passports don't need japanese visas. I'm holding a Malaysian passport.

Since you are traveling on a Malaysian passport it's always best to direct this question to the Japanese Embassy rather than relying on the CC Forums. You could find yourself being denied to Board the cruise ship on embarkation day because of not having the proper visa.

Japanese embassy says it depends on the vessel (which i presume whether the vessel goes into international waters between the 2 cities) but RCI does not want to answer me.

I'm actually asking for those ppl who had done 2 cities in Japan. How many entry and exit stamps they have in their passports.

I'm not asking about normal visa circumstances which all of you keep directing me to a visa issuing agency.

Thanks

Japanese embassy says it depends on the vessel (which i presume whether the vessel goes into international waters between the 2 cities) but RCI does not want to answer me.

I'm actually asking for those ppl who had done 2 cities in Japan. How many entry and exit stamps they have in their passports.

I'm not asking about normal visa circumstances which all of you keep directing me to a visa issuing agency.

Thanks

Actually you need to be asking those people that travel on a Malaysin passport who have done the same intinerary in Japan. Not being Malaysian citizens the most any of us can do is to direct you to the Japan Embassy which was already done.

If it were me, I personally would apply for a double entry visa. Would not want to risk the chance of being denied boarding when you arrive at the initial embarkation port. Think about it ?

• If you were doing a land tour a single entry visa would probably be all you need as you probably would have never left Japan while intransit to the 2nd city.
  • The fact that you will be on ship , it's more than likely that a double entry is required, particulary if there is a sea day in between the 2 Japan ports. You enter the first port, than return to ship, the ship than travels to the next port most likely entering international waters which means you actually left Japan this than would require a double entry visa.

Thanks xxoocruiser. Someone who has been on Costa told me that there is only an entry stamp (first city) and an exit stamp (2nd city) even tho he has a double entry transit visa. Like you said, I think I will reapply for a double entry to be on the safe side.

Thanks to all of you for all the help. I really appreciate it.

Archived