IS this safe?

dbrook34601

Thinking of booking our shore excursion on our own. But I am a woman travleing with my two daughters, 18 and 14 yrs old. Is it safe for us to walk off the Carnival Cruise ship and travel by taxi to Chankaab park by ourselves? We usually keep to ourselves, and I am just worried to save alot of money if I am putting me and my kids at risk for safety issues??

Thinking of booking our shore excursion on our own. But I am a woman travleing with my two daughters, 18 and 14 yrs old. Is it safe for us to walk off the Carnival Cruise ship and travel by taxi to Chankaab park by ourselves? We usually keep to ourselves, and I am just worried to save alot of money if I am putting me and my kids at risk for safety issues??

Cozumel is EXTREMELY safe. Really there should be NO cause for concern. There will be taxis lined up and if you ever get lost, don't be afraid to ask for directions or the best place to find a cab. The people on Cozumel are super nice to tourists.

Just like in any busy area, don't bring valuables with you. I always leave my engagement ring either at home or if I bring it on the cruise, I put it in the safe in the cabin. Keep an eye out for potential pick pockets. But really, you shouldn't be worried too much about safety, I would say it's just as safe as New York City. You will have a great time.

I have been to Cozumel several times and always felt safe. In saying that, however, it's always a good idea to be aware of your surroundings. When you depart the ship the taxi drivers will sorta mob you...you shouldn't have any problem at all. I sounds like you are going to Chakannab (and I just mangled the heck out the spelling) which is what we did. I was concerned about not having a ride back but it was not a problem. Hope this helps.

You'll be docking most likely at Puerta Maya. Walk off the ship and turn to the left past the Duty free shop. Continue until you get to the plaza area and turn right. This will take you under a long awning. There is someone there hailing taxis for people. Just tell him where you want to go and he'll have the taxi pull up and tell the driver where to go. Don't haggle. Prices are posted.

At Chankanaab, they'll do the exact same thing. Very easy and safe.

Archived