Drunk Ryndam passenger faces 20 years in prison after dropping the anchor!

RaceAddict

Maybe they need to raise the guard rails another two feet because a drunk might fall over and drown ...
After a few people went overboard in a short span there was a bill introduced into Congress that would have required, among other things, that all ships raise their railing heights to 54". Fortunately it never made it into law.

http://blogs.courant.com/travel_columnists_leblanc/2009/03/congress-taking-another-swing.html

Excellent!

Wow!

I agree the post was thoughtful.

However, where the poster says the defendant was playing terrorist, I have to admit they lost me.

Are you really OK with that?

I ask because it seems to me it is getting a little to easy to throw the T Word around.

Wow!

I ask because it seems to me it is getting a little to easy to throw the T Word around.

I agree. At this rate, the T word will eventually be synonymous with criminal. Terrorist try to hurt/scare people for the purpose of pushing a political/religious/ideological agenda. I don't see that in this case. He should be tried like a common criminal.

I would like the person to spend time in prison. It could prevent others from doing similar stunts which could cause harm to the ship or fellow passengers.

Hopefully some one will post what sentence he gets.

I have subscribed to this thread, hoping to find out the final outcome.

When will he be sentenced? Whatever he gets, I hope they also put him on the "no sail" list. I don't want to be on a ship with that idiot.

[quote name='dobiemom'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=purple]When will he be sentenced? Whatever he gets, I hope they also put him on the "no sail" list. I don't want to be on a ship with that idiot. [/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]I certainly agree he should forfiet his right to ever cruise...but is there such a thing as a "no sail" list.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3] Can/do cruise lines "black ball"a customer and refuse their business and is there cooperation between the different cruise lines??[/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived