Ncl tulum ruin excursion

jackinthebox422

Long trip, 45 minute ferry each way and a 1hr van/taxi/bus ride to TULUM from the mainland. I would say at the very least 4hrs of traveling, including some standing around waiting for others on the excursion.

I wouldn't do it and I'm in my thirties... lol

I do go to the mainland quite a bit when I stay on CZM, but never when I"m on a boat.

Have you been to CZM a lot? Just wondering why Tulum over all that CZM has to offer. :D

Oh and many people get sea sic on the ferry's, not so much from rocking but from the vibrations...

Has anyone done this and provide insight into it. We have a mixed group, 67 - 8 and looking for specifics for the old and those that get sea sick, the middle. Any help would be appreciated.

My husband and I visited Tulum a few years back. All in all, we felt that we had a good day.

The ruins themselves were quite interesting. The site is a good size (requiring a fair amount of walking in the midday sun) and there were well-tended paths. The day we were there was quite crowded. Another interesting feature about Tulum is that it is located on the coast. This made for some very nice photos with ruins in the foreground and the blue-green sea in the background. Many families had brough their swimsuits and were able to spend time on the beach.

It did take a little bit of effort to get to Tulum. First we took the ferry to the mainland. Then we followed our guide through Playa del Carmen for a few blocks until we reached our tour bus. I don't really remember how long we were on the bus. On the way to the ruins we made an overly-long rest stop at a place that had clean restrooms and lots and lots of souvenirs. On the way back, I had enough time for a good nap. Then it was back through Playa del Carmen to the ferry and then back to Cozumel. The ferry was large and air-conditioned; I don't recall anyone's having any motion-sickness concerns.

Hope this helps.:)

hubby and i did it last December with NCL and even with the bumpy "ferry" ride it was so WORTH it...GLAD we did!!

have to weigh out wether it is all worth it...we had the perfect overcast and cool day--70 for the high (unseasonably cool)

but the sight is AWESOME and i dont regret doing it, with everything involved, and i am NOT the adventerous type.

read all the reviews here at the boards for TULUM and then make your decision

if you go just take plenty of whatever you take for motion sickness--on the "ferry" ride you will feel it--most do

its a large high speed enclosed jet-type boat

hint: close your eyes and just relax--sit in the middle or back further not up front.

GOOD LUCK with decision and if you decide to do TULUM have a FANTASTIC time:)

Archived