AOS Laptop ?

osp320

Has anyone brought their laptop and used it in the room? I called Royal Caribbean and they informed me that it was unlimited usage and the cost was $100.00. How fast was the connection?

My husband used his laptop in the cabin on AOS last September. Yes it was $100 and FYI - go to guest services immediately upon boarding to get your hook-up stuff if you decide to do this; there are a limited number available.

In-cabin internet service was slow and sometimes he lost the connection. Quality of service will vary from trip-to-trip, minute-to-minute -- it is a satellite system and is impacted by weather.

My husband (who is using the internet onboard to check emails at work and is therefore charging in the expenses) has found that for some reason the computers in the internet lounge are a bit faster than using the in-cabin service with his laptop -- this means he has to spend less of his vacation in front of a computer. He has never racked up a bill in the internet lounge over $100 during the course of a 7-day cruise and has never had to wait in line for a computer.

FYI - for the internet lounge, on some ships we have seen bars offer coupons. They were advertised in the daily compass. E.G., have a drink in the sports bar between 1-3pm and get a free 10 minutes of on-line time. (It's a little bit of a hassle because after you use the internet you need to take the coupon from the bar to guest relations to have the coupon applied to your account...) If you are C&A there are coupons that work similarly that will be in you in-cabin coupon book.

- PAGA

Archived