questions about the crown

darkangel_55

My boyfriend and I are going on our first cruise 4/24 on the crown, from Philly to Bermuda. We are in Mini-Suite 8015. I already know that the room does not have a fridge :( but I was wondering about some other things...Is there a blow dryer for my hair or should I bring my own? Is there an iron either in the room or can I get one from the ship for the week or should I bring my own? Are there a lot of hangers in the room. I am bringing a few things already on hangers but would like to hang more thing up when I get there. Should I bring a bunch just incase? Also, do I have to call in advance to tell them we want the bed to be one not two, or can I wait till we board??

:D Thanks in advance for any answers! :D :D

Seems I just posted about this yesterday but cannot find it. Just came off the same ship a few doors away from where you are going. You will have one of the finest steward(ess) in the fleet. There is a blow dryer in the bathroom, which has a tub. Plenty of closet space and probably 2 dozen hangers. No iron in the room. No frig either, but there is a safe.

Tell your room stewardess that sir james says hello and enjoy her reaction.

The Captain and some of the senior officers are pretty great people too.

Thanks Fin.:D

What was the stewardess' name?:confused: Just to make sure I have the same one. Also, what will her reaction be? Should I be worried ;)

My aunt has a travel iron that she is going to let me borrow, so that is good. I am going to forget the idea of bringing extra hangers, there should be enough. I absolutly HATE living out of a suitcase!

Thanks again! :D

I am going to HOPE that her reaction will be thrilled surprise and delight. It will take a few days to dig out the card with her name on it which was in my cabin.

She will still be aboard as she had a few months until a break, but of course I am only assuming she will be doing the same rooms.

Hi, we are going on the Crown in September. Would like to know if you can get your eggs anyway you want them, such as over easy, on the buffet in the morning.

Also, how is the seating for 2 in the dining room? Is it true that the tables are set very close together?

Thanks for any info.

Hi, we are going on the Crown in September. Would like to know if you can get your eggs anyway you want them, such as over easy, on the buffet in the morning.

Also, how is the seating for 2 in the dining room? Is it true that the tables are set very close together?

Thanks for any info.

We were on the Crown several weeks ago and ate in the buffet for breakfast all the time - you could get omelettes or eggs cooked to order, however you'd like.

In the Dining Room, there are quite a few tables for two. Most are along or very close to the windows ... the window seating alternates a four-top next to the window, then a table for two inside, then on the next row, the table for two next to the window and the four-top inside. They are VERY close together (probably less than a foot!) We carried on conversations with our 'neighbors' frequently, but never found it a real problem.

If a table for two is important, make friends with Oana, the friendly dining room hostess!

We were on the Crown in January (South America) -- in the buffet we could get eggs any way you wanted them scrambled, no other option. Many negative comments about this on cards during and at the end of the cruise. Hope they have changed for the better!

Guest THE EDS

We are booked on the 9/25 Bermuda sailing, does anyone have any info about the AB suites? What are the extra amenities in this type of suite?

Thanks for any info

THE EDS

Just off the Crown after 29 fabulous days.

1.. You can get your eggs in the buffet at the omlette station fried or omlette. In the regular buffet line it is scrambled only. The main dining room makes the absolutely perfect poached eggs.

2..We had extra hangers brought to our room by the room steward. He also converted our two beds into 1 and upon request put a foam mattress over them. Great sleeping.

3..Leave your iron at home...hang your clothes in the steamy bathroom and go out on deck and enjoy!

Off topic....the staff on this ship were wonderful, happy people. Once they know your likes, they will be ready to help. Go with a half full and not a half empty attitude and your cup will be overflowing.:)

Archived