Pier Parking in New York

SPRING BREAKER

Just returned from last weeks cruise on the Veendam and would like to share some parking tips. Came in from NJ through the Lincoln Tunnel and took 10th Avenue down to 55th Street then left down to 12th Avenue. As it was pouring out and we had a lot of heavy luggage, I proceeded up the ramp to the passenger drop off area rather than to the parking area. When I pulled in to this area, a fellow with a luggage cart came right over and took all the luggage without us having to lift and schlep and it was off to the ship. I then had to make my way out and around to the ramp all over again from 48th street to 55th street. The mistake I made was at the bottom of the ramp I made the left on to 12th Avenue and then crawled in traffic to 55th street using only one turn lane at 55th. My advice would be at the bottom of the ramp, amke the left onto 48th street, take that to 10th avenue, then down to 55th street and approach the ramp from this direction. Parking for the Veendam is on the Pier 90 and not 89 so look for the signs. This info will save you plenty of time and aggravation. On the return trip, we had a fellow with a luggage cart take us up to the parking level at pier 90, unload the luggage and away we went.

The cruise was great. The weather could have been a liitle more cooperative. We also had to deal with a bus strike and a labor dispute at the pier which required the ship to leave St. George's by 1PM so it was not as smooth as it should have been. All things considered, I would certainly sail Veendam again. Truly loved our lanai stateroom!

So glad to hear that you had a good time regardless of the inconveniences. Did you eat at the Pinnacle grill by any chance? If so how was it? :rolleyes: I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about Irene. This is my first cruise so I hope it will be a good experience for my husband and myself. I booked the Lanai cabin too! I was told it was pretty nice glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Kbeans

Archived