Ph3

cdurocher99

On the subject of the difference in width between 7133 and 7135 we felt the need to caution our neighbours in 7135 when they came to visit us in 7133, next door.

(OK - secretly we coveted their large balcony and tried our best to make them covet our extra 10 inches...)

My 'top tip' is to try to make friends with your neighbours and share! (our neighbours were very generous with their considerable acreage of balcony)

Hi Adrian!

You are giving good advice - to make friends with your neighbours and share - if they have something coveted to share!

We enjoyed sharing our huge balcony with the two of you. We knew that your coveting was no secret, however, from our pre cruise bantering:)

We did covet the extra 10 inches of your cabin, but our balcony was the place to be for sailaways and happy hours, right??

It certainly was! I can only wonder at the fab parties JimandStan are going to have on that veranda...:) (and as the 'secret' is now well and truly out - you'd have to say it is easily the best bargain on the whole ship. No wonder folk keep finding it pre-booked. )

It certainly was! I can only wonder at the fab parties JimandStan are going to have on that veranda...:) (and as the 'secret' is now well and truly out - you'd have to say it is easily the best bargain on the whole ship. No wonder folk keep finding it pre-booked. )

We're looking forward to it on October 21!

• 3 weeks later...
I still can't believe our luck of finding that it had opened up (it's been booked for months).

Things like this happen more than you may think.

We had 7135 booked for what was supposed to be the maiden voyage of the Riviera (reserved in the first 5 minutes that it was announced).

That first cruise had to be cancelled, because the ship was delayed in the shipyard, and so what was to have been the second Riviera Cruise became the "new" maiden voyage.

To my great chagrin, when Oceania tried to move us, both 7130 and 7135 were already booked.

In a stroke of the greatest luck that you can imagine, one of the wonderful cruise critic friends that we have sailed with over the years, (Hi Cenia!) read of our plight (on these boards) on the same day that the people in 7135 cancelled.

We were back "home" that same afternoon. :D

Things like this happen more than you may think.

We had 7135 booked for what was supposed to be the maiden voyage of the Riviera (reserved in the first 5 minutes that it was announced).

That first cruise had to be cancelled, because the ship was delayed in the shipyard, and so what was to have been the second Riviera Cruise became the "new" maiden voyage.

To my great chagrin, when Oceania tried to move us, both 7130 and 7135 were already booked.

In a stroke of the greatest luck that you can imagine, one of the wonderful cruise critic friends that we have sailed with over the years, (Hi Cenia!) read of our plight (on these boards) on the same day that the people in 7135 cancelled.

We were back "home" that same afternoon. :D

Aw, yes I heard about the first cruise being cancelled. I felt so bad for everyone who had to change their plans. I can't imagine the fiasco of merging two cruises. I'm so glad you were able to get the same cabin despite the change in the MV. :D

• 1 month later...
Does anyone who has stayed in PH 7133 or 7135 on Marina know if they sleep 3 people. Some brochures indicate that they do while others indicate that they do not ?

Yes, the Winter Collection 2011-2012 Brochure does contain a misprint, showing that these cabins sleep three, but neither of them actually contain the sofa-bed that would make that a reality.

Oceania+brochure.JPG

7135, in particular, would not be comfortable as a triple, due to its' smaller dimensions.

Archived