Deck 2 on the Disney Dream..the good? The bad?

igitur

We booked our cruise using our DVC points last year and opted for the cheapest room. Usually we get a balcony or larger stateroom as there are 4 of us but at the time we booked, I just didn't want to spend the extra money.

Has anyone stayed on Deck 2 and can give me a report? We leave on Sunday.

We booked our cruise using our DVC points last year and opted for the cheapest room. Usually we get a balcony or larger stateroom as there are 4 of us but at the time we booked, I just didn't want to spend the extra money.

The most important things to note are:-

1/ You are on a cruise.

2/ There are no bad rooms on DCL or the Dream.

3/ You book a room by your available cruise budget,

So it fits the bill for you.

Modern cruise-lines are built with considerable customer comfort in mind, and great stabilizers and new 'asipods' blades that create minimal wake and also reduce movement. Ships targets are for less than 3% movement anywhere. 5% movement max. So any room any deck is good.

Will you notice the difference from a verandah to an inside room, yes you will, on a recent cruise, (RCI) we had both an Verandah and an inside room. The people in the inside room didn't know what time of day it was and slept in, when up they were in the verandah room.

But focus on, your cruise budget and being on the cruise, thats what matters, the service is the same (bar concierge), of any rooms, you eat the same food, go to the same shows.

In truth, lower deck rooms being closer to engine's and the sea get more movement and if inside, they are not good for seasickness, as you need to see the horizon and the sea, and get fresh air. but as said modern ships do not move that much and are very stable in most sea conditions.

We did a 2 floor inside stateroom/vert porthole in July. We travel to disneyworld 2times a year and are dvc members and think the same way you do. We loved the room 2015 it was ok for 3 of us and our teenage son complained about sleeping on the sofa but we told him he can sleep there or in his bed in Ohio so he smiled and sucked it up. Great room. No noise could not even tell we were on a cruise ship. Close to shopping, dinner, and leaving ship. Loved it so much we booked the same room for next July. We are outside balcony people on other ships but stay here on disney

We did a 2 floor inside stateroom/vert porthole in July. We travel to disneyworld 2times a year and are dvc members and think the same way you do. We loved the room 2015 it was ok for 3 of us and our teenage son complained about sleeping on the sofa but we told him he can sleep there or in his bed in Ohio so he smiled and sucked it up. Great room. No noise could not even tell we were on a cruise ship. Close to shopping, dinner, and leaving ship. Loved it so much we booked the same room for next July. We are outside balcony people on other ships but stay here on disney

thanks...good to hear your report! I knew there had to be some good points about it ; )

We haven't been on the Dream yet, we are on the same sailing as you in cabin 2021. We did 3 people on the Wonder and it was fine. As far as I know the cabins are the same as the other ships. AND if you kids are young they should love the virtual porthole. My DD and DH are the ones we booked deck2 inside for because of that.

Debby:)

Archived