Oceanview Rooms (Cat. F-I) on Enchantment -- which are ideal?

jt58203

Which cabins are the best oceanview (cat. F-I) ones on Enchantment? I'm considering the 9 night Bahamas itinerary during January or February. I thought F would be better than I, but F is located on deck two! Can anyone recommend which cabins are best and which ones to avoid? (I know by looking at the ship's diagram that some have portholes--I probably want to avoid those).

If I remember correctly, deck two has portholes. Three and up (with a few exceptions) have a nice window. Last January, we stayed on three/ midship on the Enchantment and it was a nice location.

I would chose a midship OV on Deck 4, here's why - 1. instead of being "down below" like on decks 3, 2, you are right through a glass door into the Centrum, Champagne Bar. 2. these will have window, not porthole. 3. rooms that were newly added in the 2005 expansion will have shower doors instead of shower curtains. These will be the ones that line up with the newly-added Boleros nightclub. I'm sure these room numbers have been posted here on CC somewhere.

Thanks for all the replies so far. Others please chime in!

We've always had balconies, and quite honestly, with 24 nights at sea with a balcony (Including a Panama Canal partial transit one) I don't think we've spent a total of 4 hours combined on one. Huge savings taking an oceanview on the next cruise.

I think I'll be eliminating deck two as I want a picture window. On a best cabins/cruise advice website they said to avoid cabins at the rear of the ship on deck two due to propeller vibration. That website also mentions: "Forward, exterior cabins 3000-3004 port side and 3500-3504 starboard are larger than standard. Given that these staterooms are in the quieter area of Deck 3 on the Enchantment of the Seas, these cabins are your best value."

On our last cruise (Zuiderdam, which is very similar in size to Enchantment) we had a far forward cabin on deck 4. We, almost constantly, heard a banging noise. Weren't in any high seas either. Just wondering if anyone knows of noise problems having a far forward cabin (on deck 3 or 4)?

We just returned from the Enchantment this past Sunday. We had a F Large Oceanview on Deck 4. Room 4520. It was just forward of the elevators that take you up to the Windjammer. Room was nice sized, the window was huge, and the convenience to the elevators can't be beat. Noise was not an issue. The big plus is that embarkation and debarkation is on deck 4 in Baltimore. We opted to carry our luggage off for debarkation so no stairs/elevators were encountered when carrying off our suitcases.

We just returned from the Enchantment this past Sunday. We had a F Large Oceanview on Deck 4. Room 4520. It was just forward of the elevators that take you up to the Windjammer. Room was nice sized, the window was huge, and the convenience to the elevators can't be beat. Noise was not an issue. The big plus is that embarkation and debarkation is on deck 4 in Baltimore. We opted to carry our luggage off for debarkation so no stairs/elevators were encountered when carrying off our suitcases.

We've narrowed our date down to the January 28, 2012 sailing. At first I thought 4520 was not available, but it is! My husband thinks connecting rooms "are goofy rooms." I'll keep checking to see if a nearby one is available. If anyone out there feels adventurous and wants to check room availabilty on the RCCL site, please feel free and let me know what other room(s) would be good ones to snag. Thanks.

My husband thinks connecting rooms "are goofy rooms."

LOL. We took the opportunity to glance in other rooms near ours when they were being cleaned. There was no difference in size or layout. The connecting door (when not used) does not waste any space. In fact, ours had a chair in front of it. I would not shy away from a connecting room if it came down to a limited room availability.

LOL. We took the opportunity to glance in other rooms near ours when they were being cleaned. There was no difference in size or layout. The connecting door (when not used) does not waste any space. In fact, ours had a chair in front of it. I would not shy away from a connecting room if it came down to a limited room availability.

We've had many "connecting" hotel rooms over the years & I really don't see a problem with it. Husband just comments once or twice about about it during a trip, but I really doubt if he really gets disappointed over it. I figured all the rooms would have the same layout, etc. I might put a deposit down on that room when I get home tonight, just to have something decent and maybe switch later if something opens up.

Teamfour (or anyone else might know) Just wondering if the room has a small sofa in there besides the chair. I didn't reserve last night as my internet connection was lousy. The cabin is still available.

Archived