Different question re: Irene debacle

I have a question that is puzzling me regarding the Serenade of the Seas. We sailed on her this past January and the cruise started on Saturday. We are cruising again next January on Serenade and the cruise starts on Saturday. Why was Serenade in port and starting the cruise on Sunday? Have I completely lost my mind about the day of the week we sailed and the day of the week next year's cruise sails?

For now, Serenade is doing a Sunday departure. Adventure of the Seas is currently in Europe but will be back in San Juan in November. When it returns, Adventure will leave on Sunday and Serenade will switch back to Saturday depatures. Serenade has a 6-nt sailing mid-November that leaves on a Sunday but returns on a Saturday before switching to 7-nt Sat-to-Sat sailings.

Does that make sense?

Makes perfect sense...thank you! I had a moment of panic that I bought our airlines tickets for the wrong days for next January...would have been fine to have an extra day in San Juan at the beginning of the cruise but not so great when we disembark and realize our plane left the previous day!!!

Archived