NCL - Kid's club when less than 50 kids on board

cclski

So my DW and I are taking a 15-day NCL Panama Canal Cruise in 36 days! VERY excited. My question for all you CC'ers:

We are taking our 3-year old daughter... she's a great kid and loves adults and just hanging out with mom and dad. HOWEVER, we'd like some alone time.

I've read all the literature on Kid's Club and Port Play (they stay on ship when you're in port)... but I'm left wondering...

Does NCL provide all these things regardless of number of kids on board? I understand Carribean cruises have 300-700 kids on board. Panama Canal cruises it seems average about 30. How do they staff for that?

We were hoping to Port-Play her in Punterenas so we could Zip-line... but are getting worried about what if they don't offer Port-play due to lack of kids. I also assume the counselors are on-board... wanting to get tips, etc... so they'll probably work it out... but I thought I would ask the experts.

Thanks!!!

Does NCL provide all these things regardless of number of kids on board? I understand Carribean cruises have 300-700 kids on board. Panama Canal cruises it seems average about 30. How do they staff for that?

We were hoping to Port-Play her in Punterenas so we could Zip-line... but are getting worried about what if they don't offer Port-play due to lack of kids. I also assume the counselors are on-board... wanting to get tips, etc... so they'll probably work it out... but I thought I would ask the experts.

Thanks!!!

On the NCL Sun in January, 2011 there were 26 children aged 2-5, similar aged 6-12. I can't comment on the teens because I didn't ask :) The kids club ran as usual, although the two middle groups were collapsed into one. Some parents didn't like this, but the programs still ran.

So you may expect a larger age range in the groups than listed in the brochures, but the programs should run. I heard many kids club staff comment that they prefer having smaller groups, rather than 500+ kids as they can get to know the kids better.

We are doing a t/a on rcl next April and have same worry with our 3rd old so please do come back and let us know your experience.

We are loving the opportunity to travel outside school holidays as a family and are making the most of it before he starts school next year!

We are doing a t/a on rcl next April and have same worry with our 3rd old so please do come back and let us know your experience.

We are loving the opportunity to travel outside school holidays as a family and are making the most of it before he starts school next year!

We are doing this for the reason. Once school starts, no more fun for mom and dad either! :).

We'll let you know how it goes.

Archived