Problems with excursions choices....please help

4nzic1

I figured I'd turn to all you cruise professionals. : ) I'm booked on Carnival Destiny for the Southern Caribbean cruise leaving San Juan on this coming December 11th. I just visited the 'my reservation' section on Carnival.com and see that I can now add/purchase my excursions. I had been so excited about the excursions as for the past 5 months or so I have been pouring over all the excursions that Carnival says it offers for each port listed on their website. I had my list all picked out and ready to book only to find that last night when I went to book/purchase not one of my selections are being offered. This is a big disappointment to me as all I'd mostly selected were scenic tours of the various islands. I find it strange that none are being offered (except for St. Thomas...they are offering a few island/scenic tours). This is my first time booking excursions online. Does this really mean that Destiny isn't offering any type of traditional scenic tours of Aruba, Barbados, or Dominica (I think one of them tied in some form of tour with a 4 x 4 adventure)? Or are scenic/island tours going to be something we have to or can book on the ship?

Have you guys used or what local tour companies have you guys used for Aruba, Barbados, and Dominca? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I would highly recommend booking your own tours using the Ports of Call boards here on Cruise Critic. I took the same cruise in October and found that I saved from 30-50% booking my own excursions..... You are welcome to read my review and view my pictures from my signature links below.

St. Thomas- Godfrey Tours $20-$25

Dominica- Reyno Tours $25-$30

Barbados- Glory Tours, Best of Barbados $85-$90

Aruba- Royal Jeep Rental and did the island on our own $65

Carnival already got so much of our money, I thought it was important to give money directly to the tour operators who depend on our business without giving Carnival another cut into their profits..... We were very satisfied!

It could be that all of the excursions are not posted yet for your sailing. We are booked on the Conquest for June and the only excursion listed is a golfing one. One of the members of our group called Carnival and they stated that they don't post the excursions online until it get closer to sailing time.

I agree with TxStacey, not all may be up yet.. but I also agree with pholter. Just go to the "ports" section of the board and get reccomendations for excellent none Carnival excursions. You can probably get EXACTLY what you want cheaper and with less people. just watch the clock and you will be fine.

It could be that all of the excursions are not posted yet for your sailing. We are booked on the Conquest for June and the only excursion listed is a golfing one. One of the members of our group called Carnival and they stated that they don't post the excursions online until it get closer to sailing time.

Thanks TxStacey,

I thought it strange that they wouldn't be trying to gouge....I mean make money off passengers by pushing at least three or four variations of scenic/island tours. : )

I agree with TxStacey, not all may be up yet.. but I also agree with pholter. Just go to the "ports" section of the board and get reccomendations for excellent none Carnival excursions. You can probably get EXACTLY what you want cheaper and with less people. just watch the clock and you will be fine.

Thanks Nlidel. The time issue you mentioned is my husband's concern with taking non-carnival excursions. He's afraid we'd get all caught up in a tour we did on our own and end up having to swim to the next port of call. : )

Archived