New orlenas weather in October-what to wear????

lilcruzr

We will be in New Orleans in the middle of October for a pre and post-cruise day/night. We get in around 1:00 pm and plan to ride the streetcar and the next weekend we plan to take a horse and carriage ride and do a vampire tour in the evening. Any suggestions on what we should wear? Jeans and a sweater, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt? and should we bring a jacket for the evening? We will be staying in the French Quarter and plan to walk a lot!

The best advice I can give you is to check the 7 day forecast on our local news website - http://www.wdsu.com/weather/grid.html#HEARSTWX=http%3A//www.wdsu.com/weather/4224642/media.html%3Fqs%3D%3Bref%3D/weather/18602812/media.html%3Blongname%3D7%2520Day

It is WDSU Channel 6 in case the link doesn't work.

October is very unpredictable but it would be very rare to get a strong cold front. I can't remember having to even wear a jacket for the last 10 Halloweens (jeans and a thin long sleeve shirt at night maybe). You may even need shorts during the day. There may be lows in the 60's at night but if the sun comes out during the day, it could go as high as the mid 80's in Oct. I guess the avg. would be mid 70's during the day, mid 60's at night but remember, it can still be almost hot in October. Oct. does tend to me one of our nicest months with some cool fronts making it down but not all of them.

Archived