Rhino rider tour

Dottie P

Has anyone done this in st. Martin? My family wants do do this, but want to make sure I have time to see the rest of the island and shop the tour is 4 hours I want to make sure I get to see the planes at maho too!

I don't have an answer, but I have a similar question. This looks like a lot of fun...has anyone done it? Also...the cruise line excursion for this is about $20-30.00 per person more than what I can do by booking it myself. Does anyone know how far to get from the ship to wherever you get the Rhino Rider, and how much the fare would be?

Dottie...my wife and LOVED it!!! The guides are great. The boats are so much fun, better than waverunners as far as I've concerned and the beach they take you to is beautiful. It's about a 20 minute ride from dock to tour. We had time to tour the shops for two or so hours afterwards. Take the tour. You'll love it!!!

I forgot to mention the time of our St. Maarten stop. We got off the boat at noon and didn't have to be back on until 8:30. We shopped on the dock from 12-12:40, met our guides at the boat around 12:45 (booked through Royal,) left on the busses for the tour at 1:00. We got there at 1:20ish and had a quick safety, rules and lesson overview and then were off. We got back to the Rhino Safari "shop" at 3:40ish and were back to the boat by 4. We hopped off the bus a little early, so we could get to the shops. We had about 4, 4.5 more hours to explore one the excursion was over. I don't think that time will be a problem if you have as much time as we had.

I don't have an answer, but I have a similar question. This looks like a lot of fun...has anyone done it? Also...the cruise line excursion for this is about $20-30.00 per person more than what I can do by booking it myself. Does anyone know how far to get from the ship to wherever you get the Rhino Rider, and how much the fare would be?

bcsquared, I have been in touch with Rhino Riders they gave me a special quote because we have 8 boat reserved and ...we booked in May for our February cruise. HOWEVER, its not less than the cruise excursion, plus we need transportation to their location...I am a lil miffed that they said they were giving me a special (2011 rate) because of the abv factors. I can please ask what they quoted you?

I was hoping to find someone here on the boards that has done both jet sking and the RR for a comparison. How fast do the actually go? Is it the type of excursion that when your done you say wow let do it again or ..wow glad I had the experience next time we'll do something else...

Has anyone done this in st. Martin? My family wants do do this, but want to make sure I have time to see the rest of the island and shop the tour is 4 hours I want to make sure I get to see the planes at maho too!

I have never done this but the Rhino Rider excursion leaves from the Simpson Bay Lagoon which is less than a 15 minute taxi ride from Maho Beach where the planes fly over to land at the airport. If you wanted to see the planes I would not go back to the pier after the excursion but instead just taxi over to Maho. This will save you 45 minutes or so but I can't see how you can fit a 4 hr excursion, the planes, an island tour and shopping in on one cruise visit though.

Archived