Adventure Ocean meals?

Sunshine101

Actually RCI does serve lunch - it's called Lunch and Play and it's $7.95 for lunch.

Taken from the RCI site...

Lunchtime, also, no longer means a break from the fun for kids. Available immediately, Royal Caribbean's Lunch and Play option provides children, ages 3 - 11, a nutritious meal with their new friends in the middle of the day on days at sea. For a service charge of $7.95 per child, Lunch and Play provides Adventure Ocean kids with lunch, movies, cartoons and play time between noon and 2 p.m. under the supervision of Adventure Ocean counselors. Parents registering their kids for Lunch and Play will pre-select items for their kid's lunchbox, from options such as a salad or ham and/or cheese sandwich; a fruit salad, banana or apple; a cookie, serving of potato chips, granola bar, or vegetable sticks; and a beverage of fruit punch, milk, or water.

For Adventure Ocean kids dinner, it's held at Johnny Rockets (for ships with a Johnny Rockets) and in the Windjammer (for those without) and they are held at least twice per cruise (sometimes 3 or more). The Adventure Ocean kids dinner, they do not charge for that. :D

Last year on the Oasis (which has a Johnny Rockets) my kids ate at least one dinner in the Windjammer, and I know because I needed to hunt them down to bring them a sweater so I know it was in the Windjammer).

My kids loved eating dinner with the AO program. First night on every cruise we take, the kids are sad because they can't eat with the other kids yet. At first we brought the kids with us into the dining room, but that is very boring for 6 year olds and now we take them to eat in the windjammer on day 1 for dinner and the rest of the cruise they eat with the AO program (unless we are in port and take them to eat in port).

Last year on the Oasis (which has a Johnny Rockets) my kids ate at least one dinner in the Windjammer, and I know because I needed to hunt them down to bring them a sweater so I know it was in the Windjammer).

My kids loved eating dinner with the AO program. First night on every cruise we take, the kids are sad because they can't eat with the other kids yet. At first we brought the kids with us into the dining room, but that is very boring for 6 year olds and now we take them to eat in the windjammer on day 1 for dinner and the rest of the cruise they eat with the AO program (unless we are in port and take them to eat in port).

Question for you :) On Oasis, do they have a kid dinner every night (but night 1)? I am wondering if that is the difference. The ships we've been on with a JR, they only do that 2-3 times/cruise. But it seems like you are saying AO had dinner every night but the first night. Maybe the Oasis class is different. That is good to know if that's the case. :D

Archived