Hotel near train station in Montreal

Montreal's Gare Centrale is attached to the underground city, a series of tunnels connecting large sections of the downtown core. The Queen Elizabeth, Hilton Bonaventure and Marriott Château Champlain are all within a block and connected to the station. I personally have stayed at the Château Champlain, and found it very nice indeed.

My favorite hotel is right above the train station - The Queen Elizabeth!

The Hilton Bonaventure is across the street but is an older hotel. I don't like the rooms here as much. They do have an outside heated pool that is fun. The Chateau Champlain is also across the street on the other corner, and that one is better than the Hilton. However, the Queen E is directly above the train station, you don't even have to go outside, and for me it gets top marks for service, and we have always gotten good rooms here (Gold Floor is the best but more expensive). You will also get free internet access if you are a member of the Fairmont President's Club.

Archived