Sheraton vs. British Colonial Hilton??

foxtrot2

I've been put in charge of planning what to do for our day in Nassau in a couple of weeks. There are 6 of us women celebrating a 40th bday. We all love having fun at the beach with some cocktails. I've been doing lots of reading on the boards & elsewhere online & I've narrowed it down to getting a day pass at either the Sheraton or Hilton. Has anyone been to both & can give your opinion which is better???

Thank you!

I've been put in charge of planning what to do for our day in Nassau in a couple of weeks. There are 6 of us women celebrating a 40th bday. We all love having fun at the beach with some cocktails. I've been doing lots of reading on the boards & elsewhere online & I've narrowed it down to getting a day pass at either the Sheraton or Hilton. Has anyone been to both & can give your opinion which is better???

Thank you!

I am in the same boat (no pun intended). We are 5 women going on a cruise to celebrate a 50th birthday. We are going to the Hilton for a few reasons. 1-Within walking distance of the pier 2-Scubagirl here on the boards gave it high reviews 3-We are told that it doesn't have lots of kids since there are no "toys" (I love kids but I'm leaving mine home ;)) and 4-It comes with the $30 Food & Drink Voucher. Others say the Sheraton is cheaper but the food & drinks are expensive. I'd rather just go, sit, relax, have a few drinks and hang with my friends. Hilton seems like the best spot for us. I am going in October. Not sure when your going but I can definately come back and let you know how we enjoyed if you are going after. :)

I took my 13 yr old to the Hilton in June, there were 2 other kids in the pool on day passes, and about a total of 10 adults on the beach and around the pool... The grounds are nice, the lobby is beautiful, the Beach is Ok, Very suitable, Beer was $ 7 a can, ( coors lite ) and we ate a BLT and it was $ 14 each .. ( very good and quite a large serving )

Overall it was a great experience for us, being that it was just her and I ...and I recommend the Hilton..

I took my 13 yr old to the Hilton in June, there were 2 other kids in the pool on day passes, and about a total of 10 adults on the beach and around the pool... The grounds are nice, the lobby is beautiful, the Beach is Ok, Very suitable, Beer was $ 7 a can, ( coors lite ) and we ate a BLT and it was $ 14 each .. ( very good and quite a large serving )

Overall it was a great experience for us, being that it was just her and I ...and I recommend the Hilton..

Thank you Chep P. It sounds just like what we are looking for. Peaceful and relaxing plus the Beer and BLT sounds good too. On another note, I hope you are the "trouble makers" are getting ready for your October sailing. Please have a drink for me :D

We will have two drinks just for you...lol. BTW off topic, we booked our 2013 cruise on the Ecstacy Oct. 18th going to HMC,

I may have to look into that. I am dying to go to HMC. Not sure if I can wait until 2013 though. Hoping to talk hubby into a Spring 2012 cruise. Definately keep me in mind though, just in case :D

I may have to look into that. I am dying to go to HMC. Not sure if I can wait until 2013 though. Hoping to talk hubby into a Spring 2012 cruise. Definately keep me in mind though, just in case :D

Sorry wrong year, LMAO... i meant 2012... but this group did jsut book thier 2013 winter cruise... so Oct 18th 2012 to HMC

You can also prebook them online and save $5. http://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/NassauHiltonResortPass.htm

You only pay 20% upfront ($10) and then the rest is due when you get there. Just another option.

I thought of that but we are going in October which can be their "rainy season". I would hate to get into Nassau and not have a beach day. I checked into their cancellation policy and its only if they cancel or else they will charge you the full amount. For the $5 savings, I'd rather wait to make sure the sun is shining :D

I am having SUCH a hard time choosing which one of these to do in Nassau. We are also going to HMC(we were just there in May) we couldn't wait to get back to HMC and I found this cruise for hubby's birthday. I am to the point any reason is a GREAT reason to cruise.

Last time we had DD with us, the cruise was her 16th BD present. We just walked around Nassau from the ship to Senior Frogs and back and shopped a bit.

Looking for relaxing beach time with hubby this time. Both places sound amazing! That is why I am having such a hard time deciding. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

P.J.

I am having SUCH a hard time choosing which one of these to do in Nassau. We are also going to HMC(we were just there in May) we couldn't wait to get back to HMC and I found this cruise for hubby's birthday. I am to the point any reason is a GREAT reason to cruise.

Last time we had DD with us, the cruise was her 16th BD present. We just walked around Nassau from the ship to Senior Frogs and back and shopped a bit.

Looking for relaxing beach time with hubby this time. Both places sound amazing! That is why I am having such a hard time deciding. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

P.J.

Here is some pics of the Hilton...see if this helps you decide...:D Thats where I'll be in 37 days...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotos-g147278-d148122-British_Colonial_Hilton_Nassau-Willemstad_Curacao.html#32844524

Hey all I have another question...

Can you get a day room pass at the Hilton or is that only at the Sheraton??

Thanks,

P.J.

PS thanks for the Hilton pics they were GREAT!!!

I'm not sure about the day room but I'm sure you can call the hotel directly and ask. Being so close to the ship though, not sure if you would need one. Pamela, when are you going to Nassau? I'm there in 38 days (yes, I'm counting..LOL) and I can come back and give a review when I return if you'd like...

We are leaving October 1st. I have a very bad knee and cannot do too much walking. I don't know the exact distance to the ship, but with my knee I felt like it was a pretty good distance. When we were there in May we walked around a little and shopped. I am very much looking forward to relaxing no matter what we decide this time.

P.J.

We are leaving October 1st. I have a very bad knee and cannot do too much walking. I don't know the exact distance to the ship, but with my knee I felt like it was a pretty good distance. When we were there in May we walked around a little and shopped. I am very much looking forward to relaxing no matter what we decide this time.

P.J.

Well then, please come back and tell me how you liked it if you decide to do the Hilton. Enjoy and relax! Thats whats important:D

We are going to walk to th Hilton it is very near where you catch the jitney to the Sheraton-- so if we can get a day room at the Hilton we travel no more and settle on in. I will let y'all know what we decided. I am also planning on doing a picture review of this cruise. Wish me luck!!!

I am so excited and I will let you know how it goes.

We went to the BCH last July and then the Sheraton this July on day passes, we did not get the room for the day. BCH is not a bad walk and was really nice. We got the 30.00 meal voucher each and got lunch and two drinks(Bahama Mamas) for each of us. The pool was clean, facilities fine. The water was clear, there was a tiny marina on the other side of the peir and my husband wasn't nuts about the fuel small when a little boat came in or out but I didn't really notice. was a great value day, no complaints, we walked along the shops on the way back and picked up a few things.

This year we opted for the Sheraton because you can get jet skis off the beach there, they do not have them at BCH because it is a harbor beach. The pool was nicer, with a swim up bar. All drinks seemed to be 10.00 but they were the BEST Bahama Mama and Pina Colada, and BBC we have ever had. Husband had some food at the outdoor area, not as good as BCH Cab ride about 15-20 min to the Sheraton, lots of traffic. The BCH is just so easy. I like easy! Def the Sheraton area was better than the Wyndam next door.

If I was going without the older kids who look for a little busier beach I would go back to the BCH. My husband and I will be back for a day the end of Sept and we are deciding whether to try Sandal's or go back to the BCH. both of our day trips we had lousy cloudy weather and then rain...:(

I have always wanted to see the Sandal's property but then again Im not a big drinker, husband doesn't drink at all so I'm thinking BCH. Did I mention I like easy??? Hope this helps....

Thanks for your input!!! I really am so confused!! But I really think we want the room it is a long day in port not just a few hours. I think if we have a room to relax in we will be able to enjoy our time on the beach more. I really hope the BCH has a day room, it sounds well in your words easy.

We also thought about scandals but neither of us drink.

Anyone else with any other information greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

P.J.

We went to the BCH last July and then the Sheraton this July on day passes, we did not get the room for the day. BCH is not a bad walk and was really nice. We got the 30.00 meal voucher each and got lunch and two drinks(Bahama Mamas) for each of us. The pool was clean, facilities fine. The water was clear, there was a tiny marina on the other side of the peir and my husband wasn't nuts about the fuel small when a little boat came in or out but I didn't really notice. was a great value day, no complaints, we walked along the shops on the way back and picked up a few things.

This year we opted for the Sheraton because you can get jet skis off the beach there, they do not have them at BCH because it is a harbor beach. The pool was nicer, with a swim up bar. All drinks seemed to be 10.00 but they were the BEST Bahama Mama and Pina Colada, and BBC we have ever had. Husband had some food at the outdoor area, not as good as BCH Cab ride about 15-20 min to the Sheraton, lots of traffic. The BCH is just so easy. I like easy! Def the Sheraton area was better than the Wyndam next door.

If I was going without the older kids who look for a little busier beach I would go back to the BCH. My husband and I will be back for a day the end of Sept and we are deciding whether to try Sandal's or go back to the BCH. both of our day trips we had lousy cloudy weather and then rain...:(

I have always wanted to see the Sandal's property but then again Im not a big drinker, husband doesn't drink at all so I'm thinking BCH. Did I mention I like easy??? Hope this helps....

EASY sounds great :D Thanks for the info. BCH is for me!

Thanks for your input!!! I really am so confused!! But I really think we want the room it is a long day in port not just a few hours. I think if we have a room to relax in we will be able to enjoy our time on the beach more. I really hope the BCH has a day room, it sounds well in your words easy.

Thanks,

P.J.

Pam, have you tried calling or check on line at just the cost for a room for the night at BCH? Might not be so expensive. You may be able to find a discount code online somewhere. It may be worth the try so you won't have to walk there only to turn around to leave for the Sheraton. Good Luck

Thanks,

P.J.

The BCH does not have a day room, per se.. you could book a room for the day, but since check in isn't until 3pm, it's possible you're room won't be ready when you need it. Plus, you would pay all the taxes, gratuities, surcharges and resort charges that are charged ALL paying guests.

If a day room is needed, I suggest the sheraton. You can book them in advance, and they are ready early in the day.

No tax, no extra charges (except xtra ppl in the room).

Thanks Scubagirl!! I will do that!! I really do think a room will make it more enjoyable it is just hubby and I. We are in port all day. I am so excited to have this information. I am going to call so I can pay for a day room.

Thanks again for all the information everyone. I will let y'all know how amazing everything was when I get back.

P.J.

Archived