Anyone been to Playa Palancar recently?

maja

I've been reading the reviews here on Playa Palancar & was wondering if anyone has been there recently & can share their experience?

We are arriving on the Carnival Freedom. There are 7 of us & I was wondering if anyone has ever noticed any taxi vans that would fit us all.

I've read a few times that there are wooden lounge chairs that are quite uncomfortable yet I saw a photo showing a pad on it. Does anyone know if there are pads on these wooden chairs or not?

Also, I read that their fish tacos are very tasty. Anyone taste their cerviche and know what they put in it? Shrimp? Fish? Reason I'm asking is that I have a shellfish allergy:( & would love to hear it's made with fish!

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I did. I was there probably Sept 1st or 2nd.

When we got to the port there were a couple of people holding us signs that would take up to groups of 14, turns out, it’s broken down into two vehicles, and is not a small bus. So to answer your question, yes, there are taxi vans available that will fit all 7 of you.

We hired two taxis vans for the day, negotiated down to $120 each car, which worked out to $16 per person, we got them for 5 hours, they drove us to Palancar beach, covered admission, covered the cost of snorkeling or kayaking, drove us to a local tequila factory, for a free tour, drove us downtown to do some shopping and finally back to the docks.

Yes, they have large wooden lounge chairs for you to sit on, I didn’t see any pads for comfort while I was there though.

We didn’t try their fish tacos, had their beef and chicken though. Food wasn’t bad, but it was pricey! About $10USD for a plate of 3 tacos, drink were expensive as well $3 for a beer, and $2.25 for a can of pop.

The beach was small and secluded, the sand looked dirty, due to tree debris, but it didn’t hurt when you stepped on it.

They have a volleyball court, but it was very small and you have to bring your own equipment.

They have a floating pad out in the waters, that looks like a giant mattress, I suspect that the kids can play or you can lay on it, but we never ventured over there to find out.

I didn’t really like the place, just because the price of food and drinks, I felt were a bit high.

Archived