Ncl pearl- delayed? Or on shedule?

prncsscruiser

We knew she'd be in port tonight so we went down to the pier and had dinner at Anthony's with a lovely view of the ship. It hardly seemed fair that I could see the main dining room and the buffet but I still had to pay for my dinner.

The passengers on the ship had a wonderful view of one of the prettiest sunsets I've seen in a long time - a bright orange ball dipping behind the Olympic Mountains. Crew and passenger gangways were attached and manned and we saw people coming and going on both. We saw 6 landside staff at passenger security for anyone coming back to the ship this evening, so it looks like they boarded at the normal time and then are free to come and go as they like.

One thing I thought was interesting is that I could get (free, I think) NCL wifi while I was sitting in the restaurant. That would probably explain the 20+ crew members I saw sitting outside the restaurant with their laptops open.

I thought I'd read that passengers sailing this cruise get 1/7 of the cruise as obc. The ship is skipping it's stop in Juneau to make up for the delay.

I hope the passengers enjoyed their day in Seattle. We certainly rolled out our best weather for them.

Hello, I'm currently in the Seattle area and see the pearl sitting in port. I am a littleconfused by this, I though she would have left earlier than this. Anyone know anything, is this normal for her or are they delayed? Thanks.

So I see that no matter where you are Katie you just hang out near the port.

Dave

It was fun to see the Pearl in port last night after dark. We drove down to the waterfront to gaze at her once again. (We did that on 7/24 too.) Then we drove across to the other side of the bay and looked at the whole Seattle skyline and the Pearl from Alki. Then back up to Magnolia.

We didn't get to see her go by today. Too busy with a house that sold and closes on Friday (the day before we cruise on the Star) and there were last minute things that had to be done.

It was certainly nice to see her sitting there, jut made me jealous that I was not sailing (slight Cruise/Alaska withdrawals right now) :-). The weather in Seattle was beautiful this weekend!!!!!

Yes Dave, I am always ready to drop everything and board a ship... Chances are greater when you are near a port! Lol

This ship skipped Juneau because of the delay. They were to get into Skagway this morning at 9 their time (instead of the originally scheduled 7) because of the delay. It's now 9:30 their time and according to the webcam - they do not appear close to the dock yet. Does anyone know what's going on and why this ship is missing so much of the trip?

My parents are on this as their first cruise.

This ship skipped Juneau because of the delay. They were to get into Skagway this morning at 9 their time (instead of the originally scheduled 7) because of the delay. It's now 9:30 their time and according to the webcam - they do not appear close to the dock yet. Does anyone know what's going on and why this ship is missing so much of the trip?

It's a shame that the mechanical issue delayed their cruise. I'm sure they're having a blast anyway.

When I checked the webcam just now I could see Skagway. Looks like they're almost there.

I just looked at the web cam too and they are just minutes away from pulling into the dock at Skagway. I don't know why they would be about an hour behind schedule this morning unless they went a few miles out of the way somewhere to avoid some bad weather or something.

I have just checked the Pearl's web cam. They are approaching the channel into Skagway now. It looks like 2 other ships ahead of them, so it might be an hour before they dock. The Pearl has been experiencing some propeller problems. They stayed in Seattle the night of August 28th for repairs. I had an e mail from a friend aboard The Pearl on Monday and he was reporting that everything was fine. Because of an almost 24 hour delay, tThe Pearl would not be making the stop in Juneau.

I just saw Skagway come into view also. It's rather unfortunate. They missed Juneau and have also not been cruising in the Inside Passage until just a few hours ago - also skipped because of the delay. My parents were going to do a land tour I arranged that was at 8 - he agreed to the delay at 9. If they don't get off until at least 10:30 it's doubtful he will still be able to do it as it was to go all the way up to Emerald Lake which takes some time. The weather has seemed fairly calm when I've checked the webcam.

We knew she'd be in port tonight so we went down to the pier and had dinner at Anthony's with a lovely view of the ship.

One thing I thought was interesting is that I could get (free, I think) NCL wifi while I was sitting in the restaurant. That would probably explain the 20+ crew members I saw sitting outside the restaurant with their laptops open.

Free Wifi on NCL? No way. Unless they offered something for the people as compensation, but even then....??

I doubt it was free Wifi from the boat - likely somewhere on land. Mom just called from Skagway. They have extended their departure to 10:15 - so that is good - and the tour sent a smaller van to take those on this boat - so that is good also. Sounds like the trip is going well.

I would hope this finally fixed the problem. My parents were notified a little over a week before they sailed that they would be staying in Seattle an extra day and not going to Juneau. So I'd think if the Sept 4th sailing was affected - everyone on it would now by now.

Free Wifi on NCL? No way. Unless they offered something for the people as compensation, but even then....??

I know, I couldn't believe it either :eek: but when I turned the wifi on on my phone it gave "NCL internet" as one of the choices and it was totally unlocked. I used it to bring up the internet. It worked fine but I got off right away, just in case :D

Maybe it was free while they sat in port in case some people had just found out about the itinerary change and needed to change their plans for Juneau.

Archived