Adjoining Cabins

osp320

LMBO! Of course the ?? is where? I've read it takes up space where a chair would be but deck plans don't show a door. That's how I got what I didn't want in the first place. You have to have a big screen or very good eyes or both to see the little arrow on the front doors!

Just got off the Mariner on Sunday. We had adjoining Promenade rooms 7301 & 7303. The door is at the foot of the bed. There is just enough room for the door to swing all the way open and rest against the wall. FYI, the connecting door doesn't lock. It has a key lock, but can't be locked by passengers.

Linda

Thx. I assume [know that's a bad word to use!] that means the stewards or some staff lock the doors & we don't have to be concerned w/anyone using that door for entry. Since you wanted access door, I don't suppose you paid any attention to the noise level between the 2 rms. Privacy has been more of an issue w/me than security.

winncove,

I'm sure that you're correct in assuming that the steward locks the door when the rooms are booked by different people. We closed the door at night and when changing clothes. I was surprised how little we could hear when the door was closed. We never heard their tv which is right next to the door and definitely couldn't talk to them without openning the door. I don't know if anyone was in the cabin on the other side of us, but I never heard anything at all from that side.

Linda

Thanks Linda for the reassurance! I'd read b4 that you could hear noise around the door. Also glad to know the door's @ foot of bed so won't interfere w/space! Since we're nite owls I prob. should be concerned w/pax in our adjoining rms and I can sleep thru most any early noises. We have a lot going on all the time but still Oct. seems soooo far away. I don't think I could stand booking more than a yr. out as so many do.

Del

Thanks for all the good info. We will have the kids in the other room. It sounds like it should work out just fine. Just hope we won't miss the balcony. But at least we will have a window to look out of. We can't wait, We leave for Cincinnati Friday and San.Jaun on Saturday.

Archived