Mariner and Voyager 3 ports, what happens if ship skips Grand Caymen

Thinking of the Voyager or Mariner for a cruise this winter.

Both have 3 ports they stop at, with one of the ports being Grand Cayman.

I know that Grand Cayman is sometimes skipped due to wave and wind conditions that make tendering difficult. On our previous cruises we have been scheduled to stop at Grand Cayman 4 times, but only made it 3 times. The time we missed GC the sun was shining but due to wind and wave conditions we were not able to stop. I get that.

On that particular cruise we were scheduled to have 4 port stops and when GC was skipped, we had an extra sea day and stopped at 3 ports.

On the two cruises we are looking at, there are only 3 port stops so if we were not able to stop at GC, then only two port stops would be left. In cases like this, does RCCL substitute a different port so there can be 3 port stops???

Thanks!

Mariner has an alternate itinerary that goes to Honduras' date=' Belize, and Cozumel. You could avoid the GC issue all together.[/quote']

Thanks for the feedback. I was wondering the same think so am glad this question came up.

I thought of that alternative schedule and would prefer that itinerary but unfortunately we are working around my daughter's college winter break and we are stuck with sailings that go to Grand Cayman.

Frankly, I would love to book a cruise with either of these ships, The rates are good and we enjoyed their sister ships Navigator and Explorer, but I really don't want to have 2 port days and 4 sea days.

I may have to look to see what other cruise lines are offering for that week.

I don't see why/how they could at another port at such short notice. You will just have an extra sea day.

I agree, they would have a hard time substituting another port, but its something to consider when planning a cruise.

Since I would be unhappy with 4 sea days and 2 port days, then maybe this is not a cruise itinerary I should chose since there is the chance of not making it into Grand Cayman.

Archived