Thank you. - Just back from the Med

heatherbelle

I just wanted to thank everyone on here who helped with all my planning.

I was travelling with my DS 12 and DH. We did all of the ports on our own using public transport.

From Spezia we went to Cinque Terre. We caught the train to the first village, walked to the second, and then got the train from the second to the 4th. Tip if doing the 4th village, take your swimming things, as there is a lovely beach there, although it is very small.

We then made it to Rome on the train, using the Ron in Rome info. This was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I booke a private tour of the Colosseum doing the underground area and third level. We also did the hop on hop off bus, and used the underground.

In Naples, I made it to Capri. I also wanted to go to Sorrento, but it was just sooooo hot, I dropped that off the schedule and we headed back to the boat as we were warn out.

So thank you everyone and for anyone thinking of doing DIY, then do it. You may have many sleepless nights, but its great and you save yourself a ton of money. I couldn't have done it without all of you sharing info.

Good job! I'm always very happy to hear about people who do their homework before they travel by taking advantage of all the information that is now available online so they can make the most of their time.

You know, there actually are people who don't plan, and then come back and whine that there wasn't enough time..., the lines were too long..., they spent so much money..., yadda, yadda, yadda, - all because they didn't plan out each day and take advantage of the information resources (such as Cruise Critic) that are readily available, often for little or no money and an investment in time. I know people who do that and it makes me sad. For me, planning is half the fun of traveling.

So congratulations for doing the homework it takes to plan a successful Europe trip that your family will always cherish!

Archived