Which hotel do you recommend near Port Canaveral?

6 of us

Hello! I stayed at a hotel near Port Canaveral & now I can't remember the name of it. Raddison? hmm? OH well.

Do any of you recommend a clean, reasonably priced hotel to spend the night at? I don't care to spend much since I will just be there overnight. I will be parking at the port, so I just need clean & close to the port :D.

I always stay at the Best Western Cocoa Beach. It's across the street from a Publix grocery and several good restaurants, plus Ron Jon's is just down the street.

It's about 8 minutes from the port.

We've previously stayed at the Radisson resort at the port. We really like it, however did NOT like the sleep number beds, for that reason we are staying at the Country Inn & Suites this go round. If your OK with the sleep number beds, go for the radisson, we really loved the hotel and pool area itself, but needed a better night sleep this time. ;)

Everyone I know who has stayed at the Radisson rants and raves about it...but apparently you have to book it FOREVER in advance! I cruised in mid-May 2010 and end of October 2011 and both times tried to book the Radisson 3-4 months in advance for park & cruise...with no luck. I can tell you that if you can avoid doing so, don't stay at the Comfort Inn Cocoa Beach or the International Palms Cocoa Beach...kind of dingy rooms and the "free" shuttle service included with park & cruise is a joke - they use the same shuttle company. You only get one time to go to the pier - usually 10 AM - and though we didn't have to wait but a few minutes for a shuttle when we returned from our May cruise, we waited about 40 minutes in 40 degree weather for a shuttle when we got back from our October cruise. The shuttle driver claimed he stopped twice and didn't see us, but we knew he was lying because we called after we had waited 20 minutes without seeing him, they said he would be there in 5, asked what we were wearing and where we were standing, etc. I don't think he came at all until after our second call.

Radisson was great for us last year, prompt shuttle both ways.

On the sleep number issue.... DW tells me I'll never grow up and our stay here proved it. If you fill the bed almost capacity and then jump on it, it sends your bedmate strait up in the air. I could not resist, finally stopped when she landed in the floor after the 3rd time.

But yes book early, heard more than one in our shuttle group saying their friends had to stay elsewhere.

Everyone I know who has stayed at the Radisson rants and raves about it...but apparently you have to book it FOREVER in advance! I cruised in mid-May 2010 and end of October 2011 and both times tried to book the Radisson 3-4 months in advance for park & cruise...with no luck. I can tell you that if you can avoid doing so, don't stay at the Comfort Inn Cocoa Beach or the International Palms Cocoa Beach...kind of dingy rooms and the "free" shuttle service included with park & cruise is a joke - they use the same shuttle company. You only get one time to go to the pier - usually 10 AM - and though we didn't have to wait but a few minutes for a shuttle when we returned from our May cruise, we waited about 40 minutes in 40 degree weather for a shuttle when we got back from our October cruise. The shuttle driver claimed he stopped twice and didn't see us, but we knew he was lying because we called after we had waited 20 minutes without seeing him, they said he would be there in 5, asked what we were wearing and where we were standing, etc. I don't think he came at all until after our second call.

So book the Radisson or not? I can't quite tell from your comments are you endorsing it or not. :confused:

We stayed at the Radison at the Port. Beds were fine. We walked up front to eat at the restaurant. It was great. Great breakfasts too. 2 minute walk outside. WE rented a car and used it for 2 days. Fish Lip was good too. 5 minute drive. We did try the rib place in a shopping plaza. It wasn't cheap and tasted like frozen ribs. Went to Ron Jon's too.

My family and I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites, there were 5 of us. It was clean, had breakfast in lobby area, they shuttled us to the port and since we drove down from Ohio we parked our vehicle in the parking lot during our cruise. We would stay there again.

We have stayed a number of times at the Best Western Suites, Cocoa Beach. Lots of different types of rooms and prices, right on the beach and the pier (pier has Tiki bar at the end of it which is really nice to go sit and have a drink).

Since you are not worried about staying at a hotel with a shuttle to the port, you might want to consider Hotwire. We got the LaQuinta Inn & Suites on the beach (in peak season) for $65 (which included free hot breakfast).

Before you park at the port, I'd suggest Park 'N Cruise on Sea Ray Drive: www (dot) parkcruise (dot) com. It's 5 minutes from the port, $6.99 (or less if you reserve a spot in advance) per night, they load your luggage from your car to the shuttle, drop you off at the ship, are waiting for you when you return, and drop you at your car when you return. After I loaded the luggage in my car at the hotel, I never touched it again until I was in my cabin--they took it out of my car at the lot and handed it to the porters at the port. Great service! Our total for the hotel and parking for the week: about $130.

We hated the Radisson, would never consider staying there again. The "secure parking" wasn't a secure area, the room was outside access (I had asked when I called the hotel and was told it the room we booked was inside access but when we got there it was outside and the managers response was "sorry, we don't have any of those rooms available" he had a very it's not by problem attitude) and the room had cabinet doors actually falling off. The pool was beautiful, but it was closed by the time we got there so that really wasn't a factor for us. The Country Inn and Suites was nearby and looked sooooo much nicer, we were jealous.

We hated the Radisson, would never consider staying there again. The "secure parking" wasn't a secure area, the room was outside access (I had asked when I called the hotel and was told it the room we booked was inside access but when we got there it was outside and the managers response was "sorry, we don't have any of those rooms available" he had a very it's not by problem attitude) and the room had cabinet doors actually falling off. The pool was beautiful, but it was closed by the time we got there so that really wasn't a factor for us. The Country Inn and Suites was nearby and looked sooooo much nicer, we were jealous.

When we drove by there on the way to our cruise, many people were parked in the lawn out front. So much for "secure parking!"

When we drove by there on the way to our cruise, many people were parked in the lawn out front. So much for "secure parking!"

A 5 yr old could get around their secure parking. I read somewhere that a person had their car stolen from there (which granted could happen lots of places) but jeez wouldn't that be a pain to return to.

Highly recommend the Residence Inn by Marriott at Cocoa Beach. It is a brand new hotel, very well kept, breakfast included, they will shuttle you to and from the Port, and you can park your car for free. The shuttle was $6 per person and they were very timely with pickup on both ends.

So book the Radisson or not? I can't quite tell from your comments are you endorsing it or not. :confused:

I am saying if you can get a room at the Radisson, book it :) But good luck if you're trying to get a park & cruise room there within a few months of your cruise...they book up REALLY fast :-/

Archived