How dressy is the ventura

jessie england

Well, I haven't done a Caribbean cruise on Ventura (or any other ship, for that matter). But I have cruised three times on Ventura, in 2008, 2010 & earlier this year. At that time I made this comment in my blog entry for the first formal dinner, of five (it was a 17-night cruise).

"Now for a topic of interest to CC’ers: dress code observance. Last night almost all the men were wearing dinner jackets, there were very few even in business suits, and almost no-one not conforming. if I had to put figures on it, I would say 95% were in dinner suits or the equivalent (I saw one elderly gentleman in a kilt), and about 99% in dinner suits or business suits."

That's specifically with respect to the men. As regards the ladies, that first formal night (the Captain's Reception) brought out a lot of full-length gowns. I would say that the later formal nights saw a bit of a switch to cocktail dresses - my wife, for example, brought two long dresses, two cocktail dresses, and pair of black 'dressy pants' which she wore with a white top for black & white night.

• 4 weeks later...

I found it fairly dressy - pretty much everyone obeyed the dress code, and on the 'smart casual' nights, tended to err more towards smart than casual. I didn't notice any particular pattern to the dress length, other than the younger women (late teens/early 20s) tended to wear very short skirts, and the over-60s tended to be more likely to wear long gowns - those in the mid ranges had every length in between! I personally prefer wearing long gowns because I so rarely get an opportunity, but you won't look out of place whichever you wear, so pick the dresses you fall in love with!

Archived