FORMAL NIGHTS & EUROPEAN CRUISES - MORE FORMAL THAN Caribbean CRUISES?

Karkies

Hi All,

We are on the Sea Princess departing out of Southampton on May 28, 2005.

I noticed in Aug 2004 on the Carib. Princess that the term "formal" was loosely interpreted. I saw everything from pants suits all the way up to ball gowns.

So, are the European cruises more formal on formal nights? Or will it be similar to what I saw on the Carib. Princess?

Thanks for your input! :) I have a ball gown that I want to wear, but am not sure if it's appropriate.

Karkies

I had the same quesiton, but for the opposite reason--I'm a little worried that my black cocktail dress accented with a brightly colored wrap won't be formal enough, and don't want to take up all the extra room in my bag that formal gowns require.

I did Europe last summer, and much like the Caribbean, we saw all sorts of outfits on the formal nights. "Formal" dress is subjective, I guess. But having said that, there were many ladies wearing "ball gowns" and gentlemen in tuxedos, so I wouldn't worry about being overdressed! Wear what you like and enjoy looking great!

Have a good time:D

Archived