kids at camp carnival while on excursions?

L2C57

Could you contact the ship and have someone bring your children to you? (not being rude I would actually like an answer to this if anyone knows :o)

Not absolutely sure, but if you were to miss the ship for medical reasons, or whatever reason, and we able to contact the Carnival port contact prior to departure from the port and do not have your passport/travel documents with you, someone (a Carnival representative) would retrieve the necessary documents from your stateroom so you could travel to either the next port or back home. At this time I assume they would also bring your children to you.

I did it, it was so nice being able to do some adventurous adult stuff without having to worry about the little one.

I wouldn't do it if you have a kid that's likely to freak out in a child care situation. I also would make sure that you're doing an excursion that leaves you with a 0% chance of missing the boat. So no outside excursions anyplace where you're going to be far from the ship.

As

I have several thoughts on this subject.

I am of the mind that unexpected can happen, parents could be hit by a truck or just whatever, and children could be stuck on the ship without their own parents.

I would leave my child under the circumstances that we are cruising with people we know (we often have cruiser friends) and would make arrangements with them to look after our kids in case the unexpected does happen.

A two year old would not get the excitement of the experiences a 5 or over would.

My son would have LOVED swimming with stingrays, going cavetubing, going ziplining and I would have loved to have him experience it.

Going off the ship for dinner alone? See nothing wrong with that, but if your on an excursion I'd make sure it's Carnival sponsered and they understand your child is onboard.

Cheers and have fun whatever you do.

No one knows their child as well as the parents.

Carole

I am one of those parents who will not at this point in time leave my daughter alone on the ship. If a another family member were on board, that would be fine. My husband and I take turns touring towns, areas, and it works for us.

BUT I am also the same mother who will not take her daughter on long full day tours because I feel it's u fare to the other guests. So I miss out. :D and let my husband go.

Not a big deal IMPO

It is a personal decision for each family and I am not going to bash anyone else's choice...it's not abuse or neglect to leave your child on the ship. It's what you are comfortable with...if you are laid back. I am not, so I would not leave my kids on the ship (in camp) and go into port when they were younger. I would have been sick to my stomach if something happened to my child and I couldn't be contacted and thus wasn't there for my child. I would also have been in a panic if I missed the ship and my child was alone on the ship. I prefer to avoid all those possible traumatic situations. And yes, one could get into an accident while in route to pick up their kid from daycare, but in that situation calls can be made to family members...on a cruise ship there may not be any other family or readily available phone access. Now that my kids are teens, my worry about leaving them on the ship is that they'd be unsupervised (can leave club at will). I wouldn't want my almost 13 year old DDs walking around the ship without us on the ship and being in frequent contact with them...nor would I want my almost 15 year old DS possibly doing something dumb. A side question: what age can someone go off the ship into port without an adult? My kids were several paces ahead of us on our last cruise (this August) and customs or whoever (Canadian security guy) wouldn't let them go through without us.

Can you do excursions while leaving your kids at camp carnival? Me and DH are looking at doing something adventurous, but of course for safety reasons the age limit wouldn't allow our 2yr old son. This will be our first time using camp carnival so we aren't aware of their policies.

Yes, you can do this. Some people are comfortable with it, some aren't. I'm sure you will do what works best for your family. Have fun!!

We used to leave our kids on the ship all the time when they were little and never had any problems.

It is a service that the cruiselines do and a big reason why we go.

This topic usually brings out the wacko, helicopter parents who cannot imagine leaving their kids with anyone else.

The same kids who cry when they leave their parents line-of-site.

I remember one person went as far as to say it was considered "neglect"...

Well, I guess judgment is a 2 way street.

Archived