COZUMEL wheelchair taxi?

elvis1112

There are 2 or 3 vans that have lifts in the back. We docked at the international pier, and ask the van dispatcher for an accessable van. He gave us instructions and where to stand. Shortly it arrived. We went to town and it seems like it was $20 ( 2 of us ). When we were ready to go back to ship we just stopped at a taxi stand and one of the drivers called for the van. VERY EASY.

Just be sure to ask for rates before you get in.

We had a wheel chair taxi took 2 cpls all day on a tour of the island,,all the beaches,,then we ate lunch at Naked beach,,,lol,,the beach was naked,,we wasnt. Had a great day for just about $100 bucks,,includeing $20 tip from both cpls,,,He had a lift in the back of the van,,,real easy for a power chair,,,I'm in a Pronto M 51,,,been all over the Caribean twice now,,,

slitelyused,

Was this something you had arranged before hand or did you just show up at the dock and ask for a lift van for the day? And do the vans have plenty of headroom, was it a high top van? This sounds like something I am interested in but just about the only information I can find online shows a guy with a lift equipped van that will take you all over for like $800 for the day.

I will be going to cozumel, Belize, and roatan.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived