big and tall men, tuxedo rental experience

Cruise Arizona

My husband has two beautiful suits that fit him well, but sadly he had "out grown" his tux, so I thought we might look at renting him a tux rather than bringing along the suit.

He is quite a big guy - wears a 54 long jacket and an 18 1/2 / 37-38 shirt. Have any of our fellow celebrity cruises every rented a big and tall tux? How was the fit?

My husband has two beautiful suits that fit him well, but sadly he had "out grown" his tux, so I thought we might look at renting him a tux rather than bringing along the suit.

He is quite a big guy - wears a 54 long jacket and an 18 1/2 / 37-38 shirt. Have any of our fellow celebrity cruises every rented a big and tall tux? How was the fit?

To answer your question (as opposed to telling you to buy one LOL). I am pretty well the same size and ordered one for our upcoming cruise through the Celebrity site without any problems (Celebrity links you to cruiselineformal.com I think).

I did notice that the selection is limited for Mediterranean cruises, only the classic package is available.

As far as fit, you have to send them the measurements (they have a chart you fill in) and they said, if needed, some slight alterations can be done onboard.

We have yet to sail Celebrity (will be going in October), but have done the cruiselineformal.com tuxedo rental on HAL several times. We have our own tuxes but prefer to rent them onboard so we don't have to worry about sending ours out to be pressed when we get onboard.

I am a 54 jacket and wear an 18 1/2 34/35 shirt. I have never had any problems at all. I always order my shirt as a 19 because I like a little extra room around the neck in a formal shirt.

It has always been a positive experience. The tux has always been waiting in the stateroom when we get there and is taken away at the end of the sailing. We have always taken our own ties/cummerbunds/vests/studs/cufflinks, etc to switch it up a bit, but the standards are provided.

Hope this helps!!

:) :)

My DH has rented a tux several times on cruises. He is larger than your DH and the rental site can easily accommodate ever larger. I am thinking it is up to a 22 inch neck and at least 60 inch waist and very tall options as well. The web site for cruise formal wear shows you EXACTLY what measurements they need and then will tell you what style options are available in that size.

Not many "trendy" tux styles, but Big and Tall guys tend to look best in classical styles (IMHO)....they want to "blend in"...not stick out in the crowd. We do bring a formal wear vest or two for him to personalize his look. Vests take up little packing space and you can purchase reasonably in XXX sizes on ebay or similar sites.

hubby is SAME size as your hubby. Rented tux from ship last july-- except for shirt sleeves which were slightly too short-but wearable-- everything looked like it had been fitted to him.

We are doing it again next month--sooooooooooo much better than lugging the suit or tux-so much more room in the luggage for your things:p

Tell hubby not too worry

Archived