Balcony or Extended Balcony

letscruiseagain

We are sailing on the Legend with a balcony quad on the 8th forward.

We can upgrade right now for 60 total for a extended balcony on the 7th or 8th floors.

I am concern that the lifeboats hang about floor 5 or 6. Thus will this take away from the balcony effect since the extended balcony is set back several

feet to make room for the lifeboats.

Are we better staying in the regular balcony for view purposes and the $60?

Thanks in Advance,

MA

We had an extended balcony on deck 7 on the Miracle. Although the size of an extended is bigger compared to a traditional sized balcony (by 20 sq ft I think), I just didn't care for the view down. I know that there will be many opinions about that, but to me... my personal opinion; I wanted to see water. This time we went with the regular balcony. I might end up not liking that it's not as deep as the extended, but I do think I'll prefer not looking down at the tops of lifeboats.

I will be cruising the Miracle next month...have the extended balcony on the 8th deck...rm 8228. The lady on the phone made it sound like it was much nicer than the regular balconies. Are you saying I won't be able to view the water? How could that be, when the water view goes so far out?

I will be cruising the Miracle next month...have the extended balcony on the 8th deck...rm 8228. The lady on the phone made it sound like it was much nicer than the regular balconies. Are you saying I won't be able to view the water? How could that be, when the water view goes so far out?

Here is a pic of the view from 8239.

8239.jpg.e8eb67e183eccb29976f761f3a4e5962.jpg

That's up to you. If it was me, I would take the upgrade to the extended balcony cabin. The balcony is a little bit bigger (30ft standard vs 60 ft extended), and you can stretch out a bit. You'll still be able to look out at the water, but depending on which cabin you have, your view looking down at the water may be blocked a little bit.

We can upgrade right now for 60 total for a extended balcony on the 7th or 8th floors.

I am concern that the lifeboats hang about floor 5 or 6. Thus will this take away from the balcony effect since the extended balcony is set back several

Thanks in Advance,

MA

The extended balconies are 2 feet deeper than the regular ones, so you get a little more leg room. The lifeboats hang about level with deck 5's balcony floors, and they obstruct deck 4. Yes, if you look straight down, you would see them, but otherwise you won't know they're there. As has been said, if you can score 6232, that balcony (bowling alley balcony) is 3 times the length of a normal balcony...we always try to book early and get them! The one thing that could be a plus in changing for you, though, is that you could move to deck 7, and not be under the Lido deck...it's quieter there. We also prefer being more toward aft...straight up to Lido and buffet and straight down to the Dining Room.

They are nicer than the regulars...MUCH nicer, I'm not sure if I would say that. Definitely not as cramped. Yes, you will see LOTS and LOTS of water...do not fear. You will only see the lifeboats if you stand at the railing and look straight down.

Hope you both enjoy your cruises...the Legend and Miracle are our favorite ships and their staffs have been great every time!:)

The extended balconies are 2 feet deeper than the regular ones, so you get a little more leg room. The lifeboats hang about level with deck 5's balcony floors, and they obstruct deck 4. Yes, if you look straight down, you would see them, but otherwise you won't know they're there. As has been said, if you can score 6232, that balcony (bowling alley balcony) is 3 times the length of a normal balcony...we always try to book early and get them! The one thing that could be a plus in changing for you, though, is that you could move to deck 7, and not be under the Lido deck...it's quieter there. We also prefer being more toward aft...straight up to Lido and buffet and straight down to the Dining Room.

They are nicer than the regulars...MUCH nicer, I'm not sure if I would say that. Definitely not as cramped. Yes, you will see LOTS and LOTS of water...do not fear. You will only see the lifeboats if you stand at the railing and look straight down.

Hope you both enjoy your cruises...the Legend and Miracle are our favorite ships and their staffs have been great every time!:)

From the looks of 8228's location, they will be underneath the buffett. Not sure if there is much noise from that.

From the looks of 8228's location, they will be underneath the buffett. Not sure if there is much noise from that.

We were in 8232 and it seemed like the same (lady?) in what sounded like high heeled shoes walked back and forth above us all the time:rolleyes: And the occasional cart would roll by. But we were also under the buffet area on the Legend and heard NOTHING all week. Go figure...luck of the draw?;)

Correct me if I am wrong but these rooms 8332, 8334 and 8339 aren't these rooms considered premier balcony. Which this class is one step up from the extended balconies?

Thanks

I think you mean 8232, 8234 & 8239? 8232 is a regular cabin with a bowling alley balcony. 8234 & 8239 are handicapped cabins with a different layout...8234 has the bowling alley balcony, while 8239's is a little smaller. You can book those cabins, but you may get moved if they need it for a handicapped person. All 3 are classified as 8K - Extended Balcony.

8235 & 8237 are Premium Balcony. The cabins, as well as the balconies, are a little larger than balcony cabins.

Hope that helps!:)

Thanks in Advance,

MA

JMO, we had a regular balcony, 8D on the Empress, and had a great view straight down to the water. Our RC friend had an extended balcony and while the extra few inches were nice, you could see the lifeboats. We had an opportunity to upgrade to an extended due to a price drop but are so glad we decided to stay where we were. I would take the $60 and go for a nice romantic meal in the steakhouse. :)

Archived