Belize question about Goff's Caye

texasrosebud

Hey Everyone,

We have family that just moved to Belize. They are going to drive up to meet us when we arrive on our cruise. My husband and I have never been to Belize so I dont know what or where to tell them to meet us. After reading here that we arrive at TV....I was wondering how I would find out if they would be allowed inside to meet us?? Any ideas??

Also, They want to go to Goff's Caye for the day, but I was not sure if this is even possible time wise??? Can anyone help with this? I can find alot written about Caye Caulker, but not Goff's caye.

Thanks so much!!

Lynette

Do you know what town they live in? there are a few places to park around the T.V. Mirabs is a department store close to gates with a small parking lot.

Goff’s Caye is about an acre, uninhabited island which is about a 30 minutes boat ride away from the City.

Caye Caulker is almost an hour by boat and is a real town.

If you want just beach and water go to Goffs. If you want the food shops and a taste of the real Belize go to Caye Caulker or San Pedro.

Do you know what town they live in? there are a few places to park around the T.V. Mirabs is a department store close to gates with a small parking lot.

Goff’s Caye is about an acre, uninhabited island which is about a 30 minutes boat ride away from the City.

Caye Caulker is almost an hour by boat and is a real town.

If you want just beach and water go to Goffs. If you want the food shops and a taste of the real Belize go to Caye Caulker or San Pedro.

Thanks so much for your reply!! Our family lives about a 3 hours drive on the southern end of Belize. They were going to drive up and stay in the city. They felt like Goff's caye would be better for snorkeling. Do you feel this is a good place to go for that?

Thanks!!

Make sure they bring their passports because otherwise they won't be allowed inside the TA. They probably travel with them anyways, but always a good reminder. If they are looking for a place to stay overnight, I highly recommend the Great House, which is close to the area. They are having a special right now, under $100 US for two Queen beds. It also includes continental breakfast. It is right across from the Radisson, another place to eat, although I really like the Smokey Mermaid, which is their restaurant. Wade can tell you if it is close enough to walk from their to the TA, but I think it is.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks so much for your reply!! Our family lives about a 3 hours drive on the southern end of Belize. They were going to drive up and stay in the city. They felt like Goff's caye would be better for snorkeling. Do you feel this is a good place to go for that?

Thanks!!

Goff's caye has some of the best snorkeling in the carribean. Belize is home to the second largest barrier reef in the world. I've been to goff's caye twice to snorkel and was not dissapointed either time. You can walk off the beach about 100 yards and then you hit the reef and drop off.

Amazing! Great fish and beautiful coral.

Archived