Anyone Done the PADI Cert on Caribbean Princess?

mlitten30

I am curious if anyone has done the PADI Certification with Princess and how it went? We are looking into getting certified and would much rather do it in the caribbean as opposed to the chilly waters of Puget Sound.

Thanks.

It's really a good deal - cheaper than I could have done it nearby home - my son tookit on the Star Western recently - he did not get to do his shore dives as he came down with tonsilitis - but he did finish his academic and pool work - his instructor, Phil, was very good. This took up the first three days pretty full - he didn't have much time for anything else except lunch and dinner - we intend on going back this fall so he can finish.

Ron

One other option you may want to check out is to do all the classwork and pool work at home, then just do your four check-out dives on the boat. That way you don't have to spend all of your cruise on getting certified.

I checked into this optiona few months ago, since I didn't want to do my open water dives in Utah during the winter. My local dive shop would have given me a price break on the class, and then I could have done the check-out dives on the boat. All together, it would have cost me about $50 more than getting certified before the trip and then doing two two-tank dives on the boat.

(I ended up just doing all the work at home so I could do "better" dives on the boat and not have to concentrate on doing all the skills. Personally, I'm glad I did it this way so I can have fun on my trip -- and the dives weren't too bad in March.)

Either way, I would at least consider doing what you can at home to free up more of your cruise for fun.

Just my two cents :)

Archived