Gem - Review of our 6 Days.

rikatine

Thanks so much for your review; we're looking forward to ours on the Gem next month.

If you don't mind saying, what were the issues with your cabin steward?

I'v found in the past they will change the 50% off specialty restaurants even on the same ship cruise to cruise. On our last 2 NCL cruises there were not any 50% off deals and you could get into any w/o reservations. On one cruise they offered 50% off for late reservations, I think 8:30 PM.

I will definitely check out the glass beach and getting passports stamped, thanks.

Thanks so much for your review; we're looking forward to ours on the Gem next month.

If you don't mind saying, what were the issues with your cabin steward?

I'v found in the past they will change the 50% off specialty restaurants even on the same ship cruise to cruise. On our last 2 NCL cruises there were not any 50% off deals and you could get into any w/o reservations. On one cruise they offered 50% off for late reservations, I think 8:30 PM.

I will definitely check out the glass beach and getting passports stamped, thanks.

Without getting into the minute details of our cabin steward, we are used to having our cabin made up within a reasonable time of leaving, especially after three hours... Also, the balcony was not being attended to, with the furniture being filthy, and me having to pick up after the food that descended from above, washing away the ice cream cone, etc. In the evening, there were some very basic clean up items that where being left, especially in the bathroom.

Cabin stewards we have had in the past, are aware of when you go out, we even had one that would ask, Going out for the day? Going out for breakfast? I know they are all different, and I know they work hard, but there were too many shortfalls.

We felt as though we were working around her schedule. I have never before complained about anything! But by the middle of the week, it all added up to being dissatisfied.

Our cabin is our sanctuary during our vacation. Our balcony furniture was actually replaced completely, and you could tell that the room was really cleaned after we returned. All the details that I was not even upset about were taken care of.

Thanks for answering my question. I agree, I would be upset in the same situation. We are very easy going and don't ask for much but certain things would bother me too.

We have had very good service on all cruises except once. Our complaints were similar to yours but we didn't say anything but next time we will. It didn't ruin our vacation but we shouldn't have let it go. Oh well, live and learn.

Luckily, that was 5 years ago and it's been all good since then. Haven't been on a cruise I didn't love!

Thanks for answering my question. I agree, I would be upset in the same situation. We are very easy going and don't ask for much but certain things would bother me too.

We have had very good service on all cruises except once. Our complaints were similar to yours but we didn't say anything but next time we will. It didn't ruin our vacation but we shouldn't have let it go. Oh well, live and learn.

Luckily, that was 5 years ago and it's been all good since then. Haven't been on a cruise I didn't love!

It makes a big difference. So be sure to speak up. They would rather fix the problem then have you walk away unhappy. It seems so simple, but the second half of our week was so much better. My SIL learned the same thing, being unhappy all week. Next cruise she spoke up and was so much happier.

• 4 months later...

“At this point, we decided to break the mold and put on our bathing suits and head to the pool.”

What did you do with your carry-on luggage while you were in the pool/hot tub?

(You had said earlier that the room steward didn’t want you in the room yet. So, I assume that you were still pulling around your carry-on luggage)

Archived