Holiday Inn=Miami int'l airport

gillmom2

We stayed there pre Navigator and post Navigator 7-11-02. It was OK. The best was the funeral Parade for that very popular Latin singer who died and we had a front row seat, saw all the stars, although no traffic could get through for hours.

shaling

I got myself locked into the hotel also. I was so excited that I had booked my cruise I didn't do much reaseach on the hotel. I was thinking I got a good deal because of the free shuttles. Well, I guess it is just one night and we will try to make the most of it. Looks like I go before you so I will let you know if it is really that bad.

lynyrd

I would appreciate any information when you get back pro's con's. They are really deceptive in their practices. I tried to escape but according to the last few posts it is not so bad. I am locked in for two days. We are pretty easy to please I just want it clean and safe. I am bringing Lysol wipes anyway so I will just use them and smile....:)

Does anyone know the cab fare from holiday inn port of miami to Bayside and to the pier?

Are you asking about cab fare for the Holiday Inn at MIA that's referred to in this thread or the Holiday Inn in downtown Miami???

The Holiday Inn "Port of Miami" is directly across the street from Bayside, you wouldn't need a cab, just walk out the front door, cross the street and you're at Bayside. The cab fare from that Holiday Inn to the port would just be a few dollars as it's just across a bridge, less than a 5 minute drive from door to ship.

The Holiday Inn MIA that's referred to in this thread is about a $20-25 cab ride from the Port of Miami and Bayside if you get an honest cabbie who doesn't take you on a long route. If you take a taxi from the airport itself to the Port of Miami it's a fixed flat rate of $21.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know of any Miami hotels providing free parking during the cruise for pre-cruise guests?

Try Summerfield Suites (from the web site),

FlySleepCruise Package:

One Bedroom Suite and transfers from the Airport-$129.95

Two Bedroom Suite-$159.95

NOTE:Round trip transfers from the Hotel to the Port are an additional $16.00/Person (cab may be cheaper)http://www.parksleepfly.com/cruiseport_hotels/hotel_display.php?hotel_type=cruiseport&cruiseportID=5

• 1 month later...
I see you are talking about the Holiday Inn. Is this the one I booked? I booked the Holiday Inn-Port of Miami-Downtown (This is what my reservation says) Its address is 340 Biscayne Blvd, Miami.

Hopefully this is the one you said wasnt too bad. Unless I am getting things mixed up--is there another Holiday Inn at the Miami airport that is listed a star 3 and far from it? I am praying I picked the good one. I want to be nearest to the port. Hopefully my 2 dd can see the cruise ship from this hotel? How about places to eat a breakfast before we board? I am assuming we will not be able to walk to the port...but a taxi shoudl only cost a few bucks for the 5 of us???

Please send me your feedback on this hotel I booked and hopefully I picked the right one. Do you have pictures? I cant wait to read your reply.......
I may have the 2 Holiday Inn's confused.....hopefully in my favor.

Thanks a Bunch--Stacy

This thread originally started out as one for the Miami AIRPORT Holiday Inn, but some others seem to have also gotten it confused with the Holiday Inn BAYSIDE in DOWNTOWN Miami.

The DOWNTOWN/BAYSIDE Holiday Inn on Biscayne is definitely a much nicer place than the airport one! The airport one is a bit scary IMO! :eek:

Archived