Still waiting for those 3/20 DAWN reviews

tommy2811

Great Reviews Erin and Diane.Glad you spoke about the tendering.

You need to get on line earlier than they recommend for a tender ticket.Then you wait for an hour to get on the tender.The first tender took up to # 225 on tx We were on the island about 10am, the first tender that is.Umbrellas/chairs went fast.

There are a few areas to get a picnic table with a hammock next to it. This may be an option for other people. Could always drag a chair over too, I guess.

Great Stirrup Cay was just beautiful.

Please visit and buy something at the Straw Market on GSC. Cash and credit cards.I heard people complaining because they couldn't use their key card.

The locals come in by boat to sell their goods. 3-20-05 sailing was the first time anyone had been to the island in like 6 months.These people noticed a difference.

Talking to locals we found that most live on an island of 600 people 5-10 minute boat ride away. Said they must be glad to see the ships coming back now.Without further prompting, He agreed and mentioned that it was ok they had eaten a lot of corn and crabs.

Some may say this is a line. But I still think you should go in and do some nice spending.They were very nice people. Found a lot of angry people in Nassau.Saying angry things about the white people . This being their term , not mine.The ladies in the straw markt in Nassau were nice.

I hated getting off the ship in Nassau and all those women hustling you for braids. I did not want my daughter's hair braided. They would ask and I would very nicely reply no thank you or sometimes go to lenghts to explain why not. They would then give me a dirty look. And then look at me directly in the eye and then look at their friend with a disgust for me. Yeah let me get some braids from you lady.

One lady in a store in Nassau got tough with me when I asked her a question. I was going to buy something and just left. I refuse to spend my money when people are nasty. When we spent money in Nassau, it was when people were nice and engaged in conversation. People in Great Stirrup Cay desreved our money more.

Don't have time right now for a full review, but I did post some photos. The link is http://lightwavesphotography.easyphotoview.com/OnlinePhotos.asp. Please just ignore any reference to purchasing photos. They are just for fun, not for sale. This just happens to be the same site that our photography clients use to purchase from our studio.

What I can say quickly is that this was my 11th cruise and 2nd time on the Dawn. She is by far the best ship we have ever sailed.

Carole

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

another question:

We have to leave New York on departure date at 1:50 pm at La Guardia. I know, we will be in a hurry, but it s our only chance to arrive at Seattle not during the night...

Is there any chance to confirm an early "checkout" and to leave the ship asap to catch our flight?

Thank you

Wendy

This is close. We sail;ed to NYC on the SEa and wasn't off the ship at that time.

Archived