jewelry shopping/cozumel

Squirtreena

Has anyone bought jewelry/ diamonds...at the dock where the ships pull in...are there really good deals...did you worry about the quality, honesty of the quality of jewelry/diamonds??

DW bought a tanzanite/diamond ring at Diamonds International.. We had an issue several months later with the tanzanite stone, as it developed a crack in the girdle. The New York office replaced it (and the new stone was actually a little nicer), no questions asked. I'd recommend them to anyone :) !

I have a pair of earrings that I got from DI in St. Thomas in '97. They gave me a guarantee that I could trade them up for anything else and get what I paid for them towards the new item. I've almost done that twice -- may actually do it this time, since hubby would like me to get rid of them for something else. (I bought them with money from my divorce settlement from 1st hubby!). DH wants to buy me some that are from him.... I think I'll let him!

June

Thanks! This is exactly what I was coming here to look for. I promised my daughter that I would try to find her a tanzanite ring and I would like some earrings as I already have a ring. I would much prefer to buy one good item than a bunch of junky stuff that will just get tossed away.

I'm assuming it's better to go to TI for these? Does DI carry a lot of other gemstones as well as diamonds?

Archived