Four Days of Paradise: Baja Mexico - Aug. 8, 2011 Review with Photos

Inklight

I also booked the Queen Mary Park and Sail pkg ( had to call them, it was not online) at a rate of 183.00 tax included for a king bed, twin bed family room. I tried to ask the rsvn agt about early check in for Canival, but she did not know what I was speaking about. So to confirm, do they tell you how to check in early on the queen mary? I am a little lost on that...:rolleyes:

I asked about early check-in when we checked-in at the Queen Mary. They were very helpful. We were directed to the Engine Room of the Queen Mary (down stairs, off the boat and Aft) and there were agents there directing people. We did find out that early arrivals for the Paradise were also being sent there to check in. It was a pretty easy process. Hope you have fun on your cruise! :)

Great review!! Thanks for sharing!!

Thank you! I am happy you enjoyed it! :)

Robin what a great review and wonderful photos. :)

We sailed Paradise last June and loved it. In Feb., we are booked on the Inspiration for my brother's first cruise.

Just got off the Sea Princess, and many times wished I was aboard one of the Fantasy class ships.

Pat

Thank you, Pat ... we had a lot of fun on the Paradise (and the QM, of course). We, too are looking forward to the Inspirations arrival. We don't have a cruise planned yet ... but, can't wait to see what she is like. While I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise ;) I hope your brother enjoys his first cruise! :)

The pictures are fabulous! The Queen Mary is gorgeous too. When I was 13 I went to Europe on the Queen Elizabeth. Reminds me of her. Get a load of the size of the hallway!

I seldom see reviews of Paradise and i've never seen them with QM. Thanks, Paradise is coming to Tampa soon so now I know what she looks like.

The hallways were fabulous ... I couldn't get enough of them, myself. They were wide and long. In fact, they bowed down in the middle. I don't have a good photo to show that, but you could definitely see it!

We are looking forward to the Inspiration coming here and I can't wait to see her. I'm happy you enjoyed the review ... I know you will enjoy the Paradise! Thank you! :)

Thanks for posting these photos. As I looked at the photo of the corridor, I was thinking it was beautiful, but I bet there are a few ghosts lurking about.:eek:

The corridors were awesome ... and if I were a ghost I'd hang out on the QM for sure! We didn't do the 'Ghost Tour' and the only ghosts we saw were those that we made with our cameras! Maybe next time!

This photo here reminds me of the 1972 movie The Poseidon Adventure. Portions of that movie were filmed aboard the Queen Mary, particularly the deck scenes at the beginning of the movie.

Well, that makes sense ... I didn't realize that parts of Poseidon Adventure were filmed on the QM. Although, it doesn't surprise me. I was also reminded of the Titanic while on her ... the smoke stacks, the decks, the size, the lifeboats, etc. Made it all kind of real, if that makes any sense.

The early check-in on the QM isn't only for QM guests, anyone sailing that day can do the check-in, but it's only for the Paradise. The early check-in for the Splendor is at some temporary counters outside the front door of the dome, I can't tell from your signature which ship you're on. If you are checking in on the QM, it's in the very aft lower end of the ship (the part closest to the Carnival dock), you can't miss it, lots of signs and people to help you. But you would need to go over to the bottom level of the parking garage to drop off your luggage with the porters separate from check-in (unless maybe a porter from the QM Hotel will do that for you). There are some pics of the area in some of my albums in my signature.

Thank you for the info! :)

When I was on the Queen Elizabeth we weren't first class, more like steerage. The bathroom was down the hall. After muster drill my brother and I got lost and ended up in the first class auditorium. It was gorgeous, much nicer than anything these days on CCL, RCL or Princess.

When we found our auditorium where they showed movies (saw the same Peter Sellers movie 3 times) it was a cabin sized room with metal folding chairs and one of those pull down screens on a stand!

Thank you! I am happy you enjoyed it! :)

Thank you, Pat ... we had a lot of fun on the Paradise (and the QM, of course). We, too are looking forward to the Inspirations arrival. We don't have a cruise planned yet ... but, can't wait to see what she is like. While I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise ;) I hope your brother enjoys his first cruise! :)

Thank you very much for your fantastic review and pics. We are going on the Paradise 2-week relocation cruise and staying at the Queen Mary before the cruise. Your review is fantastic and we are looking forward to it so much. Even decided to try the chefs table.

We were on the Paradise when she was new, and a non-smoking ship. It will be like old times again for us. This time it will be our 25 milestone cruise. Yippee! :)

Larry & Dot

inklight ~

THANK YOU so much for the wonderful photo essay of your cruise. I will be on board for the Panama Canal transit and now have some of those "photo op moments" that I want to grab planned out in my head.

Thank you very much for your fantastic review and pics. We are going on the Paradise 2-week relocation cruise and staying at the Queen Mary before the cruise. Your review is fantastic and we are looking forward to it so much. Even decided to try the chefs table.

We were on the Paradise when she was new, and a non-smoking ship. It will be like old times again for us. This time it will be our 25 milestone cruise. Yippee! :)

Larry & Dot

Thank you for your comments, I'm happy you enjoyed the review. We had a great time with Chef's Table. I understand there is a new menu now and would like to try that out as well. The experience was really special, I m sure you will love it!

I will miss the Paradise when she leaves ... she is a beautiful ship. Her theme of Great Ocean Liners of the World was very fitting with her docked next to the Queen Mary! Although I am looking forward to the Inspiration coming from Tampa! :)

inklight ~

THANK YOU so much for the wonderful photo essay of your cruise. I will be on board for the Panama Canal transit and now have some of those "photo op moments" that I want to grab planned out in my head.

Thank you so much! We had a lot of fun taking photos all over the ship ... she is so beautiful and provides a great background for photo ops! I would love to take the Panama Canal transit ... just isn't in the cards this year. Hope you all have a fabulous time! :)

Loved the pics and the comments, we stayed on her just after she arrived in Long Beach many years ago. Never thought at that time that we would be back and turnout to be cruise addicts in our old age. Unfortunately I goofed on the hop from Tucson and booked a late afternoon Sunday flight which cuts out any wandering around Long Beach, aw well next time!:)

C&Dmich

• 2 months later...
Just a quick question, do you know if the queen Mary has room service?

I am really not sure, I'm sorry. There are a couple of restaurants and a Bakery Cafe offering quick breakfast options such as specialty coffee (yumm), tea, juices, muffins, rolls, and I think some fruit.

Archived