Courtyard villas on the Spirit??

cod

We live on the coast in MS and for the last couple of evenings NCL has run a 'sail on the beautiful NCL Spirit out of NO' ad and they go on to mention the casual dress code and free-style dining. Then they end with suggesting that you sail in a "courtyard villa", of which they even show a picture!

I know there is no courtyard villa on the Spirit now but I wonder if there will be after her rather long dry-dock next month. And if so, will the Galaxy of the Stars fall victim? I hope not!

Yes, I know she's leaving our shores next year but we'll be on her for the 4th time in January and that is one of our favorite places so I can't help but hope it's still there.

Just curious.

Thank goodness!..and may you be right.

I don't remember ever seeing an ad in our area for a specific NCL cruise. Bookings must be down and I hope this doesn't lead to NCL leaving NO as RC did a few years ago. Maybe people are waiting for the Voyager to get here..lots of local buzz for that ship!

If you look at availability on the Spirit, it doesn't look like bookings are down, she is sailing full. MS coast is considered "local" for ads out of New Orleans and NCL does run "local" ads. Boston, New York and Galveston area's all have cruising ads that run periodically. I'm guessing the same is true for Miami and the West Coast.

I agree. I've seen Carnival and RC ads now and then (though they seem to be more general) but - until this week - I've not seen an NCL ad. I'm still wondering why a short commercial designated to the Spirit would suggest you stay in a courtyard villa!

As for available, one site that actually lists cabins and not just a 'guarantee' shows quite a few insides available for this weekends sailing. Oceanviews are still available as well...or were this morning when I was browsing.

I hope NO continues to attract cruiselines. Later this year we'll have 2 Carnival ships, 1 NCL and 1 RC...at least for a portion of the year. Would love to see Princess or HA test the waters from here!!

Archived