Getting married on board

cruise6932

I was married in Bermuda in April. We took a cruise with RCCL. There's a special section in CC for wedding cruises if you want to check it out. It wasn't super helpful for me, but it was a little helpful. We ended up paying an outside wedding coordinator to get married on the island.

Since I wasn't married on Princess, I don't have a lot of experience. I think they use The Wedding Experience, of whom I've heard mixed reviews.

https://www.theweddingexperience.com/tietheknot

I'm getting married onboard the grand princess next august :)

I was wondering if anyone has any information about this they could share.

Thanks

I guess it depends if you want to get married on embarcation day or during the cruise. We wanted to do it on embarcation day, but it turned out to be so ridiculously expensive, for what you get, we decided to get married at home and cruise for our honeymoon.

Call the Princess Wedding coordinator (1-866-444-8820) and they can give you all the specifics. When I heard they charge $7.49 per guest for a cup of coffee to go along with the wedding cake I thought that was really insane. $25pp/per hour for appetizers. $2200 just for the use of the ship. $275 per wedding coordinator per each 25 guests. The max number of guests allowed on the ship per turn around day is 75. If someone else is having something onboard and they have already booked 50 guests, you only get 25 guests. If you had 75 guests you would pay $825 just in coordinator fees. Plus the biggest drawback for me was you do not get to choose the location for your wedding. The ship chooses for you. I wanted the deck outside the Adagio Bar with the reception in the Adagio Bar and they told me they could not guarantee it. It is decided the day of the wedding. :(

I'm getting married onboard the grand princess next august :)

I was wondering if anyone has any information about this they could share.

Thanks

I have nothing but kudos to Princess for our on-board wedding on the Grand in August of 2004. We chose to be married on the ship, on a sea day, by the Captain. Our luggage didn't make the ship until our stop at the first port, which was after our scheduled wedding date and time. All those on board involved with the wedding, from the captain on down, couldn't have been kinder or offered more alternatives. We waited until the luggage arrived and got married on another sea day.

You didn't mention if you were planning to be married in a port, at embarkation, etc, but I really do suggest on a sea day during the cruise. It was the simplest wedding to plan, just fill out a form and send it back...of course, we had a very small wedding, just immediate family, so the numbers of guests for a reception, etc., didn't come in to play. We had a lovely dinner in Sabatini's after the ceremony as our celebration.

Congratulations and best wishes from one Princess bride to another!

DH and I were married on the Crown Princess in 2006. We also chose to get married on a sea day. We were extremely happy with everything. I cannot think of one even small complaint. The staff made us feel like royalty the entire 10 days.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask or even email me.

Thank you for all your advice.

We Are getting married on out 1st day which is the 3rd day into our cruise.

And I couldn't agree anymore it's so simple and everything is taken care for you, all I have to worry about is sending invitations out, favours, wedding rings, wedding dress etc, there is noting to worry about or get stressed over :)

I would recommend it to anymore.

I have nothing but kudos to Princess for our on-board wedding on the Grand in August of 2004. We chose to be married on the ship, on a sea day, by the Captain. Our luggage didn't make the ship until our stop at the first port, which was after our scheduled wedding date and time. All those on board involved with the wedding, from the captain on down, couldn't have been kinder or offered more alternatives. We waited until the luggage arrived and got married on another sea day.

You didn't mention if you were planning to be married in a port, at embarkation, etc, but I really do suggest on a sea day during the cruise. It was the simplest wedding to plan, just fill out a form and send it back...of course, we had a very small wedding, just immediate family, so the numbers of guests for a reception, etc., didn't come in to play. We had a lovely dinner in Sabatini's after the ceremony as our celebration.

Congratulations and best wishes from one Princess bride to another!

OP - I hope your on board wedding turns out to be everything you hope for and that you end up as happy as Wes & Ginger (ggprincess)!

Archived