Silent Debarkment

Man of Many Hats

I think it is a pilot program on some ships where announcements about debarkation are not made. People are given the times to leave the ship and where to go, etc., I think it is on their TV's too, and expected to leave the ship on their own without annoucements. Not sure how it all works as have not yet experienced it, but will in January! Hope that helps until someone in the know answers!:)

I was on Carnival Fantasy a few weeks ago with silent debarkation. As I understand, the powers that be in Charleston banned on-deck debarkation announcements because they disturbed the local residents. Now, we had VIP debarkation so our experience may be somewhat different - but for us it worked like a charm. They told us that "relaxed" debarkation would start at 8:30; we were asked to go to Cleopatra's Lounge and they would lead us to the debarkation deck. It worked just fine; we were called for debarkation at 8:40 and were off the ship, through Customs and on our hotel shuttle by 9:00.

sounds interesting:confused:

I agree, it does sound interesting, my concern would be with the larger ships will the guests honour the set time given them to debark the ship or will with try to over look their posted time and try to leave earlier. If that happenes - could only imagine it would cause a back log of people trying to leave in a timely manner.

I agree, it does sound interesting, my concern would be with the larger ships will the guests honour the set time given them to debark the ship or will with try to over look their posted time and try to leave earlier. If that happenes - could only imagine it would cause a back log of people trying to leave in a timely manner.

About the same as now. We had # 10 on our last cruise. When they called our number, the people in front of us were # 29. I think the ones that cut in lines will do it anytime, anywhere. Just ask them, the numbers are for all the "other" passengers, not them.

We were on the Fantasy out of Charleston the third week in July. Debarkation ran so smooth we were really impressed. You wait in your cabin and watch the TV for the time your floor is to leave the ship. There were also crew at the elevator on our floor when it came time for us to get off the ship to keep everything organized. I wish all debarkations ran this smoothly. They will not let you on the elevator if it is not your floors turn to get off.

We were on the Fantasy out of Charleston the third week in July. Debarkation ran so smooth we were really impressed. You wait in your cabin and watch the TV for the time your floor is to leave the ship. There were also crew at the elevator on our floor when it came time for us to get off the ship to keep everything organized. I wish all debarkations ran this smoothly. They will not let you on the elevator if it is not your floors turn to get off.

Thanks, by the way you suggested, I could see that method working, as for the early walk off, would/is that still in place, and for those wishing to have breakfast on the Lido Deck still permitted???

I think it is a pilot program on some ships where announcements about debarkation are not made. People are given the times to leave the ship and where to go, etc., I think it is on their TV's too, and expected to leave the ship on their own without announcements.

I thought maybe it was just for Scientology charters. :p

About the same as now. We had # 10 on our last cruise. When they called our number, the people in front of us were # 29. I think the ones that cut in lines will do it anytime, anywhere. Just ask them, the numbers are for all the "other" passengers, not them.

That seems crazy to me. We got off at the time we were supposed to and our luggage was numbered by zone. Those people either had everything with them or they waited around for the porters to line up #29 while the #10s were still pulling their bags out.

Just crazy.:cool:

Archived