Overnight Moroccan Excursion

katz

We are on the Exotic Lands (Barcelona to Lisbon) cruise. Has anyone done the overnight excursion Oceania offers. It begins in Agadir and we would rejoin the ship in Casablanca.

We are going to do it, but I would like your opinions.

Thanks!!

It should be a marvelous excursion. Agadir is now of little interest (quite modern after earthquake devastation) but Marrakesh is not to be equaled.

Of course a land trip would allow you to see more of Morocco but if that is not in your plans grab the chance to see what you can.

I can't comment on the price but the bottom line is the old, "how often do you expect to be in the neighborhood?"

Sounds like a great itinerary. Have a wonderful cruise.

We were on a 12 day land trip to Morocco in May and are booked on this cruise for the Sept 2 departure. Casablanca is very missable - other than an impressive mosque and the chance to ride two hours to Rabat, it is a great place to skip. I don't know much about the other port- it seems only cruise ships go there and land tours skip it, which says something.

Marrakech and Fez are the highlight cities, IMHO- Fez is too far away for a one night excursion, but Marrakech is not and the itinerary O has planned hits the highlights. All O excursions are pricy, but this one seems worth it. You can probably contact a travel agency to arrNge a similar tour, but the logistics may make the extra O charges worthwhile.

Last year we were on an O cruise that stopped in Agadir. As Agadir is for the most part a new and industrial city, I did some fairly extensive research and arranged a small group tour from Agadir to Tarroudant which is more demure and a pale competitor to Marrakesh, but still a very interesting place.

As the stop was shortened by O arriving in Agadir 3 hours late (due to refueling difficulties the Captain knew about 3 days in advance and told the passengers days ahead of docking), I was able to cancel my private tour and book O's trip to Tarroudant.

Their tour was almost twice as expensive, shorter in time, and filled with unanticipated and unscheduled shop stops. We, among others, complained and O refunded 50% of the tour cost.

My view of both O's response and keeping passengers informed was confirmed. They do, really, try to do well for their customers.

Sondi, I found it under Land Tours. I went on the O website and pulled up my reservation. I clicked on Land Tours, which is under the cruise destination and date.

Are you on the Barcelona to Lisbon, June 5, 2012 sailing??

Thanks, everyone, for your posts about Agadir and Casablanca. I am curious as to why HBINDC thinks it is a ripoff. An explanation would be helpful.

Kathy

Archived