St. Petersburg Airport to Tampa

robnz

My family and I are going to fly into St. Pete/Clearwater airport the night before our cruise. Has anyone done this before and if so what is the best option to get to a hotel in Tampa that has a shuttle to the port for us to catch in the morning. Would also like some names of good hotels that might be close to food or something like that. We are getting in to the airport really late so hopefully we wont be starving. First time cruisers by the way any and all advice is appreciated.

My family and I are going to fly into St. Pete/Clearwater airport the night before our cruise. Has anyone done this before and if so what is the best option to get to a hotel in Tampa that has a shuttle to the port for us to catch in the morning. Would also like some names of good hotels that might be close to food or something like that. We are getting in to the airport really late so hopefully we wont be starving. First time cruisers by the way any and all advice is appreciated.

If it were me, this is what I would do. I would take a taxi to one of the Rocky Point hotels in Tampa that has a complete cruise pkg. PIE is just to one side of the bay bridge and Courtney Campbell Bridge that connects St.Pete/Clearwater to Tampa. A taxi would not be all that expensive and the Rocky Pt area would be about the closest. Once you are at the hotel, your shuttle to and from the port will be included. After the cruise, take the hotel shuttle back to the hotel and then call a taxi from there to take you to PIE. Another good location would be the LaQuinta Tampa Airport but I believe that they charge just a few $ for the port shuttle and I do not believe they include the return shuttle.

Here are 3 Rocky Point hotels that offer full transportation, The Holiday Inn Express Rocky Point, Hampton Inn Rocky Point and Chase Suites Rocky Pt. The only restaurant withing walking distance of these three would be the Bahama Breeze. http://www.bahamabreeze.com/locations/?restaurantid=3004 You could also order Pizza delivery but do not use the restaurant on the card in your hotel room. They are way overpriced. Use Hungry Howies 813-885-9992. http://www.azhungryhowies.com/menupizza.html The LaQuinta Tampa Airport is adjacent to an IHOP.

:)

Archived