Zaandam Pinnacle Grill

luv2go

We sail Saturday on the Zaandam and would like suggestions on which night is best to book the Pinnacle Grill. Do you think we would have trouble waiting until we board to book or should we call ahead? If anyone has the dining schedule of when formal nights are and when the bbq night is that would be most helpful. We can't wait!:)

Hey Luv2go.....my DW and I will be on board as well. I already have reservations for the Pinnacle on Saturday night (half price night). I also have a couple of free passes (from my travel agent) but am not sure what other night to go.

Hopefully we can get some hints. I am absolutely a newbie to cruising so I am like a sponge looking to absorbe any advice I can get!

david :cool:

We were on the Zaandam last week and found the food to be the best we've had on a HAL ship. The chef has taken the basic recipes to a higher level and our dinner was sublime. Whichever night you decide on, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!:cool:

Hi Localady,

since you just got off the Zaadam, can I ask you about the other dining besides the Pinnacle? Like what was the main dining room like (food quality, service, timing, etc) and what about room service, especially for breakfast?

On another note, how did you like the staterooms? We are booked in an 'A' class veranda suite.

David

Hi David, hubby and I have cruised many times but this is our first on Holland America. We have read mixed reviews but my good friend just returned Sunday from Westerdam and said it was fabulous! She said the food and service were wonderful. It only made us more excited about this trip! She praised HAL over others that we normally love. She said the beds were unbelievable. We look forward to seeing you there!

We just got off the Zaandam on the 26th. If you are sailing on the Eastern Caribbean the formal nights are Sunday and Thursday. We ate at the Pinnacle on the first night. The steaks were delicious. My DH got the 20 oz porterhouse and I got the filet mignon. The steaks in the main dining room were definitely not the same quality meat. I was not impressed with the scalloped potatoes or the asparagus. The deserts were wonderful.

We were also booked in an A class verandah. There is plenty of storage and the room is very spacious. The bedding was wonderful. The only thing I did not like was the fact that 2 beds are pushed together and I seemed to always end up in the space between the 2 beds.

We had the room service breakfast many mornings. It always came on time or a little before and was hot. One thing I had read on these boards was that the scrambled eggs were not very good. This was true for us as well. I even tried them in the dining room. I sent them back and got an omelet.

Overall the food was very good.

Archived