Which Stingray City/Snorkel Combo and How are Water Temps in January?

carters4usm

My DH and I plan to do a Stingray City/snorkel excursion in Grand Cayman when we're there at the end of January. I'm debating on a couple different options; 1) Stingray Beach and Coral Gardens - 3.5 hrs, 2) Stingray Beach, Coral Gardens and Barrier Reef - 4.5 hrs, or 3) Same as #2 plus Starfish Beach - 5 hrs. I love to snorkel if there's lots to see, but not sure if I'll love being in the water for the longer tours if its cold. I'm a Mississippi girl, and my blood is kinda thin ;). I'd love some opinions from those of you have done this around the same time of year and which tours you might suggest. Thank you!!

I have done the barrier reef snorkle and Sting Ray City excursion with Moby Dick Tours, and it was great! Plenty of time for snorkeling and the guides were fantastic. Smaller groups than the cruiseline excursions as well. I did not snorkle at the other spots, but I would imagine they would be fantastic based on the snorkling we had at the reef. Have not been in January, but it was very, very warm in early March.

I've used Captain Marvin's tours many times and will again in 2 months. As far as the temps go I've been there year round and I'm always comfortable. The average temperature for Grand Cayman doesn't go below 80 degrees during the year so you will be comfortable.

Archived