Century or Millenium for Alaska/East Coast

lucywestie

I am currently booked on a b2b 19 day Century cruise. Ultimate Alaska and West Coast Wine cruise in Sept 2012. I just did a bit more research and realised that the Millenium does a very similar cruise though the b2b would only be 15 days and leaves a week earlier.

The price difference is slight, probably about $200-$300 in total for the whole trip. I know Millenium is going in for a refurbishment next year.

Would I be wiser to switch to Millenium which will be a "newer looking/feeling" ship but a much shorter cruise?

Or choose the Century which is an older ship, but longer cruise?

Price isn't an issue, and just to set the scene this will be only our 2nd/3rd cruise and first time with Celebrity

Cheers

Pete

I am currently booked on a b2b 19 day Century cruise. Ultimate Alaska and West Coast Wine cruise in Sept 2012. I just did a bit more research and realised that the Millenium does a very similar cruise though the b2b would only be 15 days and leaves a week earlier.

The price difference is slight, probably about $200-$300 in total for the whole trip. I know Millenium is going in for a refurbishment next year.

Would I be wiser to switch to Millenium which will be a "newer looking/feeling" ship but a much shorter cruise?

Or choose the Century which is an older ship, but longer cruise?

Price isn't an issue, and just to set the scene this will be only our 2nd/3rd cruise and first time with Celebrity

Cheers

Pete

Pete,

My wife and I and friends are booked on the B2B on Millennium Alaska/Pacific Coast in September 2012. We choose Millennium over Century because of her "Solsticing" (refurbishment) in April 2012. Incidentally, we are sailing Century next month rt from San Diego to Hawaii. I have read she is well kept and her crew is one of the best at sea. You can't go wrong with either ship. I would go on either, but what drives this situation is the "newness feel" that will occur on Millennium.

Bob

Archived